Why does everybody hate console players?

Igetbabes

don't hate the players, just hate the pad

never understood why some prefer the pad before the mouse. The mouse gives the play a more realistic feel and of course it takes a bit more skill with the hand...

^^Perfectly said, imo. Games should not be watered down for the console market, they should be built for the PC and to work watered down as ports for the console.

Most console gamers don't understand just how out of date the PS3.360 are at the moment(most notably the gpu) This type of statement seems to be followed by a backlash of hate as most seem to think it is a dig at the consoles and not just an actual fact that they are outdated and the next wave of consoles from Sony/Microsoft have no official release or concepts yet(basically strap in for a few more years of this).

DX11 is not being used as much as it should to accommodate the console markets so we are still using DX9 more than any other.(of course this can be said for a lot of PC gamers who don't upgrade their hardware and then immediately have a go at console gamers for the hardware limitations of PS3/360)

Most of what the console gamers hear in the "console vs PC" threads are just vented hate toward the dev's aimed at the console gamers.

PS. I also have a PS3-but just gave away my 360.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just that consoles pose a threat to the future of PC gaming... But in reality most people's gaming experience started on consoles. I love PC gaming, but if it were not for Nintendo Entertainment System...I might be a lost soul today.

I find the opposite to be true. But perhaps that's a generation thing. I started on on Commodore 64. Most of the people I know started with pc and just added some console gaming on the side.

I dont' think people dislike console players as much as the pc players hate the game being totally adapted to the console games...leaving a lot to be desired from the people who are use to the PC version of the game. At least that's what I'm hearing a lot of anyway.

Why? Because every time you buy a console game you're telling the publishers/developers that what they're doing is ok, and that they're still going to make good money. Console's are holding the gaming world back with their sub par graphics, lame control schemes and dumbed down content. Us pc gamers are getting fed up with it. Edited by runaway101

Microsoft have said that they believe that the Xbox 360 is only mid-way through its life-cycle and will continue through 2015.

Microsoft acts like the market is their monopoly. And for all intent and purposes it is. With their ultra aggressive tactics they managed to get the largest share of the market.

And with all monopolies, it kills innovation. The Xbox is already 6 years old, yet they want to hang on to it for another 5 years. This, in one of the most rapidly evolving technology sectors.

Bethesda managing to create something like Skyrim with the limitations of Xbox is nothing short of a miracle. But they had to cut an awful lot of corners. And most of all they had to tailor make the game for Xbox. Squeezing every last drop out of the tired old hardware. Thus we are left with a game that has been cut and molded for this one platform.

Thank god for the yet to be released creation kit so we have the ability to undo some of these limitations.