Realistic Transportation

Sukhonali

I always thought that the transportation in oblivion and skyrim was really lame and unrealistic because the game just zaps you in front of the city you chose from the menu, i always hoped for some realistic transportation that will literally carry you into the destination while you sit back and enjoy the scenery while the wagon reaches its destination just like in the beginning of the game when you are transported to Helgen. this will make the experience more realistic and would make you appreciate all the scenery and all the hardly worked on mods without the need to put half of your concentration piloting your character towards the destination.

Please share your thoughts and ideas :-)

I just worry about the amount of encounters continually stopping the wagon tour, but yeah, it would be call to just sit back and relax and watch the scenery as you roll by with your little bottle of skooma in hand.

RedDead Redemption style wagon driving + multiple companion/followers mod (with ability to ride their own horses or hop in wagon back) + pursuing dragon = future epic moments in Skyrim history.

I see my companion driving along a predetermined route or me driving and the rest pelting the dragon with magic bolts and arrows. the fire or frost effects on the wagon showing the close call as i step off the wagon and absorb the fallen wyrms soul...

Can anyone else see this?? Lol

i was happy they at least put a transportation system into the game. but i was unhappy that it was just a teleport. i for one never used them to get to a city for the first time i just walked. but i would love being able to hang out on the thing while it travels

i heard rumors about the CK coming out next month, and i believe it will be doable because they did it at the beginning of the game, what would be nice is investing in selective transports to upgrade their speed= better horses and armor= armored horses and driver and the last would be mercenary protection=mercenaries on horses following the carriage until it reaches the destination, i mean the autopilot system is in the i have seen it work many times with different npcs in the game at one point i saw a group heading north to attend a wedding, others are soldiers transporting prisoners for execution, its out their it only needs to be implemented on a couple of horses pulling the carriage and voila the mod is "basically" ready,,i have never done a mod before but i always spent more time applying mods to the game than the actual time playing the game, when CK comes out i will try to learn how to use it and if possible i will try to make the mod myself, but i honestly i dont know where to start but lets hope that ck will be user friendly and easy to use :)

More realistic transportation would be awesome. Would love to take away fast travel and make transportation more like Morrowind. The only problem I see is that the radiant quest system will pretty much grab any dungeon in the game and make it your objective which will begin to make the game very tedious when your traveling half way across the world to do a minor dungeon. I tried going w/out fast travel and found the radiant quests made it painful. Some kind of requirement for dungeon proximity w/ radiant would be very important.

We are talking about getting rid of fast travel right? or am I just ranting lol.

For the sitting in wagon idea. Love it. Will get tedious though so skip option will be necessary.

Realistic transportation was never meant to remove the fast travel option from the game, it was only meant to replace the default travel wagons that teleport you between cities with realistic wagons that actually take you on a safe trip to your destination as intended in the game,fast travel was put in the game to make radiant quests and other minor quests easier ,the mod would involve various dialog options about transportation options as mentioned in previous posts, the idea is still fresh and might undergo many improvements suggested by people, the main focus is to make the mod compatible with all mods even mods that involve adding new cities meaning new trip destinations and alternate routs, I am so excited about the possibilities out there and hope this mod works out :thumbsup: