You Cannot Go That Way

TheGadget1945

I have bought and downloaded Nuka World, listened to the radio and the transit station has shown up on my map.

I can see the entrance and VANS plots me a nice green route to it.

But whichever way I try to walk there, I get told "You cannot go that way".

What am I doing wrong?

I found this suggestion here:

While walking, you'll hit a point going west towards the marker where a "you can't go that way" error notification pops up.

If you get this problem first head further south, then turn back towards the west side of the map and go under the bridge. Eventually you will hit a point where you can turn north again towards the objective.

It sounds like the same thing that they did in Oblivion, when modders added locations outside the confines of the original map. The same message popped up. There's a way to disable it, but it's only worth doing that if people make more content outside the map.

I found this suggestion here:

While walking, you'll hit a point going west towards the marker where a "you can't go that way" error notification pops up.

If you get this problem first head further south, then turn back towards the west side of the map and go under the bridge. Eventually you will hit a point where you can turn north again towards the objective.

It sounds like the same thing that they did in Oblivion, when modders added locations outside the confines of the original map. The same message popped up. There's a way to disable it, but it's only worth doing that if people make more content outside the map.

Thanks, will try that. Otherwise I will ask Steam for a refund.

All you have to do is turn off your borderregions in your ini file and you can go that way very simple to do just go to your documents folder-Mygames-Fallout4-Falloutprefs.ini and under the General Section change or add this line bBorderRegionsEnable=0 then save now the invisble map wall borders are gone.

Edited by ClayboTGW

All you have to do is turn off your borderregions in your ini file and you can go that way very simple to do just go to your documents folder-Mygames-Fallout4-Falloutprefs.ini and under the General Section change or add this line bBorderRegionsEnable=0 then save now the invisble map wall borders are gone.

Well the previous suggestion didn't work so I will try yours. I don't why they can't just sell this junk in working order without expecting me to delve into my files and mess them around.

I don't why they can't just sell this junk in working order without expecting me to delve into my files and mess them around.

How is this the fault of the DLC and not the result of YOUR modding the game? :rolleyes:

Edited by steve40

• 9 months later...

I don't why they can't just sell this junk in working order without expecting me to delve into my files and mess them around.

How is this the fault of the DLC and not the result of YOUR modding the game? :rolleyes:

because its not from mods. everyone with or without is having this issue. pretty shitty of bethesda to release this s#*! then offer no help to the masses crying out who cant even play it. dickhole.

because its not from mods. everyone with or without is having this issue. pretty shitty of bethesda to release this s*** then offer no help to the masses crying out who cant even play it. dickhole.

guess your everyone - includes you but few others

because its not from mods. everyone with or without is having this issue. pretty shitty of bethesda to release this s*** then offer no help to the masses crying out who cant even play it. dickhole.

guess your everyone - includes you but few others

maybe everyone is an exageration, but face it, Bethesda are not known for bug free games.

Arthmoor has made a name for himself fixing bugs in unmodded fallout and elder scrolls games.

the OP isn't in the wrong complaining that the game/DLC is bugged if he can't play it without having to edit files or use a mod to fix the bug