Install order?

olnorton

I've been away from Oblivion for 8 or 9 years & am having a bit of trouble figuring out the order to install Roberts female body & Oblivion Character Overhaul.

Edit: So I think I have got them installed right, but the neck join that was almost undetectable before Oblivion Character Overhaul, now looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/YnQ6V4t.jpg

If this is the best I can hope for, I think I'll give Oblivion Character Overhaul a miss.

I put the Roberts female body texture compatibility addon 44676-2-01 in after Oblivion Character Overhaul.

Was I meant to install the addon first?

Edited by olnorton

I've never used Roberts female myself, but what I see in your screenshot looks like typical neckseam when you've adjusted the tone sliders.

Unfortunately I'm not at home (and won't be for a couple more weeks), so I don't have access to my gaming computer where I have a number of text files with tips on avoiding the neckseam. I have posted those tips numerous times in various threads ... if I get a chance I'll see if I can tra ck one down to link to.

The Seamless series by Junkacc11 is the current state of the art for avoiding neckseams. As you've discovered, installation order is important (and by the way I think you got it right ... Roberts female then OCO v2 then the OCO v2 Roberts female compatibility patch ... for the seamless read those install instructions carefully).

- Edit - Here you go.

Edited by Striker879

The Seamless series by Junkacc11 is the current state of the art for avoiding neckseams. As you've discovered, installation order is important (and by the way I think you got it right ... Roberts female then OCO v2 then the OCO v2 Roberts female compatibility patch ... for the seamless read those install instructions carefully).

- Edit - Here you go.

Thanks Stryker879

But it seems as his Seamless - OCOv2 Edition is only for Roberts male bodies & HGEC EVE C-Cup female body.

I'll skip Oblivion Character Overhaul & go with:

FemReplacerV13-15624-V1-3.7z

RobertFemaleBetterNecklines 03-19536.7z

SE-Robert Female v1.3 CORE 15624-45878-1-07z

SH-Bethesda Vanilla-44360-1-2.7z

SH- Bethesda Alternative EGT-44360-1-0.7z

Are they made to go together, & would I install them in that order?

As far as I know you can use OCO v2 and the Seamless for Roberts female, but as I've not tried it myself I can't say for certain.

One thing to keep in mind when using any of the seamless series along with any other texture or mesh replacers ... if the seamless isn't the last installed you will lose all seamless if the older/other mod changes anything that the seamless series requires to work (i.e. body meshes or textures). So if you plan on using anything beyond Roberts female and Seamless for Roberts female you will need to carefully examine all of the files that each mod adds looking for possible overwrites.

Thanks again, I've been using the bain installer from wrye bash & it tells you which files your overriding from other mods.

It allows for pretty quick comparisons.

So far I'm just liking Roberts female body & his own human head mesh, along with Natural Faces dds's

I like Facial Textures by Enayla & might just edit that dds to remove some of the green from around the eyes, but I'll keep looking and see what else is out there first.