ATTENTION EVERYBODY!! DO NOT DOWNLOAD PATCH 1.2!! IT R

Blake81

After the first patch I did a fresh install and now I'm running the game straight off TESV.exe with fxaa + enb v.5 + 4gb fix+ retexts and I haven't looked back once. I wouldn't even think about going 1.2. I've had 0 crashes since the 4gb fix and the game looks amazing.

If more people stopped d/l the backward patching Betehsda is providing they'd think twice before ruining the game experience for their client base.

If people do not test the updates and report the bugs then we will never get an improved game.

If we all sat back and did not upgrade but just waited till someone else says the upgrade is good. It would take forever as the bug reports would be slow

They need to do a much better job of testing the patch before they release it. That is part of the process within the development team. Unfortunetly, in order to solve a minor bug they are creating 3 majors ones. Its like taking a step forward and then three backwards. It ends up being regressive.

Anyway, they created 1.2 based on client feedback on bugs and issues within the game. So, according to your logic, they should have solved the issues and not created new ones, but thas not the case. I myself have reverted to a nonsteam and nonpatched version and I am running fxaa + enb + 4gb+ a ton of retextures and havent looked back since.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree, this patch has made the game worse not better.

Before the patch all I had was the occasional crash to desktop but I realised that it crashed only during certain actions so I avoided them and that was great. Now it not only randomly crashes but freezes the comp demanding a reset (not good), my moement keys have become 'sticky' resulting in continued movement after release of the key (as if every movement key has the automove function). Plus so many bugs with the vampire race which have been listed in another thread, including the resistancs dropping to zero for poison which I noticed doing the thief mission in Markarth with the poisoned corridor in Calcelmo's private rooms.

As someone near the start of this thread mentioned, what the hell did this patch fix? Sigh!

Edited by Marishi

Anyone noticing they can't close books after reading them, effectively breaking some quests completely? There's no option/key to back out of reading...WTF

Various combat bugs regarding sneak-attacks + power attacks causing game to freeze...kinda weird. Never happened before the patch.

Also pissed off that Dragonscript doesn't work, makes werewolf characters pretty annoying (without ability to transform at will with the mod script)...

In general game is less stable :/

Edited by Jakeo

always keep a backup copy of skyrim so you can revert it.

I lost 10-15 fps when i installed the 1.2 patch, exactly the same mods, ini tweaks, game settings the only difference here was the patch.

i used my backup copy to revert it and im back to 50-60 fps outside.

As I can see, I'm not the only one who deplores the Beth's work for this patch...

I was running the game without steam, with the 4GB ram fix, FSAA injector and some retex. But I made a mistake... I launched steam to browse offers... and it downloaded automatically this 1.2 damned patch.

The 4Gb ram fix is now over, and another one I replace it with let me crash as on vanilla. My keybinds are... dunno what... When going on my favorite stuff with A key (using an azerty keyboard), can't still select right handed weapon with the left clic... and no more left handed with right clic... I got to press E button to deselect actual stuff and then press E... 1 time to equip on the right hand, 2 times for both right and left, 3 times for left hand...

Thanks a lot Bethesda :/

If any people have a solution to run the modded game properly...

(I apologize for my poor english speaking, not my birth language :/)

Edit : Oh, wonderful... My R button can drop stuff but... cant share to people or in a chest... well ><

Edited by Thalis5654

As I can see, I'm not the only one who deplores the Beth's work for this patch...

I was running the game without steam, with the 4GB ram fix, FSAA injector and some retex. But I made a mistake... I launched steam to browse offers... and it downloaded automatically this 1.2 damned patch.

The 4Gb ram fix is now over, and another one I replace it with let me crash as on vanilla. My keybinds are... dunno what... When going on my favorite stuff with A key (using an azerty keyboard), can't still select right handed weapon with the left clic... and no more left handed with right clic... I got to press E button to deselect actual stuff and then press E... 1 time to equip on the right hand, 2 times for both right and left, 3 times for left hand...

Thanks a lot Bethesda :/

If any people have a solution to run the modded game properly...

(I apologize for my poor english speaking, not my birth language :/)

Edit : Oh, wonderful... My R button can drop stuff but... cant share to people or in a chest... well ><

Hi m8 I used this download to revert my game back to 1.1 and I use the 4gb ram fix and its working fine again now .

In my steam I also turned off the auto update

this link :-

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch/Skyrim-Patch-1-2-Rollback-Fix.shtml

Edited by glinkglonk