Bumping question

KaizoMK

No one's going to see it on fifth page or beyond is a wrong assumption. There's a nice obvious "you haven't read this, yet" sticker in front of every topic I haven't visited, and I for one usually go back until there's no unread topic left anymore to see if I can help anywhere. And I'm pretty certain I'm not the only one.

New topics with questions are popping up quickly these days. Answers are taking time. It isn't unusual for a topic to reach page 20 or lower before it gets an answer. Give the people some time to come around, read your topic and know an answer to give you. If there's noone coming after, say, weeks, that's a sign noone knows an answer, not that noone has read your topic.

Last time I checked you can even view how many people have read your topic. This doesn't mean anyone of them was able to give an answer though.

The people who know enough to answer questions also know enough to know that posts get pushed off the front page quickly. We tend to use the feature that allows us to see all of the new posts for the last 24 hours in all forums we are interested in. :thumbsup:

With the amount of traffic we get, allowing bumping would render your argument useless as the first 5 or 6 pages would be nothing but bump, bump, bump. And your bump would still be off the front page in 5 or 10 minutes because of all of the other bumps. :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...

I hate to bring this back up, but there seems to be some confusion on this part-- apparently the New Vegas request forum okays bumping after a week, where (as far as I know) all the other forums say "no bumping" at all.

Bumping drives me a bit nuts, so I tend to flag it on sight, I admit, but obviously I don't want to report someone mistakenly.