matching armor help

raigntk

hello everyone, decided I wanted to play a new character but be "Mr. NoDamage" and have my character have 100% reflect damage and 100% spell resist (legit through items - although not obtained that way (yay for item codes!!))

so I was wondering what armor would look decent with these two items.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Ayleid_Crown_of_Lindai

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Escutcheon_of_Chorrol

no mod armor though please and since this is just for looks defense isn't important (well mostly lol).

Also if anyone is wondering what items i'm using I'll gladly list them (in case you want to do something like this)

Edited by raigntk

Are you going 'all vanilla' as far as enchantments go (i.e. only pre-enchanted armor, not any that you've enchanted at an enchanting altar or with sigil stones)? The vanilla enchanted items aren't set up to make something like what you're looking for without also looking like you shop at the Goodwill (no offense meant to all you Goodwill shoppers out there). The 100% reflect damage means you are going to need to use the Escutcheon of Chorrol, which means you're going with an ebony set (unless you don't mind how elven and ebony look together). A quick look through Generic Magic Apparel shows that you could get close to what your asking and stay with all ebony/all elven if you don't mind a hodge podge of enchantments.

Or you could get up to speed with the Construction Set and fab up your own custom set.

Edited by Striker879

Thanks for all the in put guys!

@FnimonSni Thats gona be my next character :biggrin:

@striker879 most of the items i'm using are 'vanilla' enchanted except that instead of using one of the plugins to get armor (which would have totally miss-matched everything) I decided to get the sigil stone with 15% spell resistance.

as for what I decided to use I went with all ebony except for shield (which is Escutcheon of Chorrol) which is ebony anyways, elven gloves (would have used boots too but they look way to rediculous - like webbed feet lol), and as the helm Ayleid Crown of Lindai. So all in all it doesn't look to bad and if I feel like it i may enchant the rest of the armor with random stuff (like fortify skills probably)

so again thanks everyone

If you ever decide to go the spell caster route, an all clothing mage wearing elemental shield enchanted clothing (again sigils are your best bet) gets two protections on each piece ... protection from elemental damage and regular shield, kinda like two mints in one! At first I was hoarding all the zero weight clothes that are available in the vanilla game so that I could mix and match enchantments to suit the situation (always got to wear my feather jewelry). Then I just made a copy of the zero weight black robe an upper body only piece and it covers the wide black pants without clipping. Gave myself a bunch as a present, along with some shoes and zero weight black hoods and I'm stylin' while I play 'You can't touch this'.

If you ever decide to go the spell caster route, an all clothing mage wearing elemental shield enchanted clothing (again sigils are your best bet) gets two protections on each piece ... protection from elemental damage and regular shield, kinda like two mints in one! At first I was hoarding all the zero weight clothes that are available in the vanilla game so that I could mix and match enchantments to suit the situation (always got to wear my feather jewelry). Then I just made a copy of the zero weight black robe an upper body only piece and it covers the wide black pants without clipping. Gave myself a bunch as a present, along with some shoes and zero weight black hoods and I'm stylin' while I play 'You can't touch this'.

haha well unfortunately i've never really liked being a spell caster much in any of the oblivion games (probably cause i'd find it way to easy) so I tend to stick more towards melee. Who knows I may end up making a spell caster type, just have to wait and see I guess lol.