Khajiit/Argonian refugee underground

Spl1nt3rC3ll

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this, but where are the refugees from? I presume Skyrim in general? Black Marsh and Elseweyr are no longer under imperial control and they certainly wouldn't turn down their own kind if they made the trek back home, and sentiments in skyrim are not in the favor of races other than Nords. While Thalmor dealings are shady at best and downright ominous in general, they were partly responsible for the success of the Khajiiti uprising. From what I read, they essentially funded a proxy war with the empire. Argonians on the other hand didn't need any help thanks to a certain level of unity within their culture. Basically, I'm implying a lot of mixed feelings. Also, seeing as the Dovahkin has some sort of immunity to Skooma you could make some rather interesting things come of that.

Also, might be fun if an Argonian ghetto is hiding a Hist tree the player 'meets' at some point.

Edited by Jeffman12

What about the Dunmer? A lot of them fled en-masse to Skyrim from Morrowind, and I don't think all of them were in Windhelm or Whiterun farms. I think that the main body of refugess would have settled in that huge cavern, and established a community there that now welcomes anyone.

What about the Dunmer? A lot of them fled en-masse to Skyrim from Morrowind, and I don't think all of them were in Windhelm or Whiterun farms. I think that the main body of refugess would have settled in that huge cavern, and established a community there that now welcomes anyone.

Yea, that's pretty much what I had in mind. Khajiit, Argonian, Dunmer, any outcasts who were unable or unwilling to travel back to their homeland. They've all been through hell and welcome strangers with open, understanding arms.

This sounds like it would be a fun questline and area to have (and a few more shady dealers in Skyrim couldn't be a bad thing, for me...). I would love to see it implemented if it was possible. Let's pray the kit actually helps you create stuff like this.

I love the idea , just my 2 suggestions

1. Elsewyr is a client state of Aldmeri dominion for bringing 2 moons back (so out of line phrase for Altmer from saviors) and also Thalmor are neutral to Black marsh, so instead of Thalmor attacking refugees there should be bandit/slavers/windhelm haters attack

2. Argonians and Dunmer dont trust each other because of many years of slavery in Morrowind and Argonian invasion of Morrowind, but it would be great to choose side in internal fight in this refugee cavern

I love the idea , just my 2 suggestions

1. Elsewyr is a client state of Aldmeri dominion for bringing 2 moons back (so out of line phrase for Altmer from saviors) and also Thalmor are neutral to Black marsh, so instead of Thalmor attacking refugees there should be bandit/slavers/windhelm haters attack

2. Argonians and Dunmer dont trust each other because of many years of slavery in Morrowind and Argonian invasion of Morrowind, but it would be great to choose side in internal fight in this refugee cavern

1. Good point. I guess I was thinking Thalmor would hunt down any Talos worshipers/prisoner escapees amongst the crowd and show no mercy to those in their way. I remembered a horror story a Legate told me of the Thalmor slaughtering a room full of innocent refugees the Empire was trying to protect. Maybe the player can join the town watch and participate in defend quests something like this:

* A Khajiit caravan is being harassed by bandits/racist Nords outside the entrance. Talk them down or fight.

* Bounty hunters are making their way toward the cavern, bribe or kill them.

* Thalmor or bandits are attacking the town itself, defend the town.

I also chose Thalmor because the player could chose to reveal the sanctuary's location to them and lead a raid.

2. I like the idea of tensions between Argonians and Dunmer. Lots of opportunity for quests there.

Edited by Spl1nt3rC3ll

Talos is mainly Nords divine and for the location of town i Suggest Riften Ratway

For location I was thinking of an entrance hidden behind a waterfall in some secluded mountain valley far from any Hold. The waterfall entrance would lead to a series of caves that eventually open up to the cavern itself.