We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Autoaim is over the top

Mfors704

I made a youtube video to show how bad autoaim in this game is. If you know of a fix for this please share it with me. Google and forum searches have not helped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqiXreIZgT0

I have tried many different ini tweaks and have found no real mods for this yet. I suppose once the construction set comes out it will be an easy fix. But this really is killing my experiance in this game. Use the console command tcai on an enemy to test it for yourself. I will post my description from the video here:

This is just a basic showing of how over the top the autoaim in skyrim currently is. I used the console command tcai to turn the enemy combat ai off.

I have these skyrim.ini tweaks on in the video:

[Combat]

f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.7

[Actor]

fVisibleNavmeshMoveDist=14000.0000

the first two just changes the trajectory of the arrow to start at the crosshair and drop instead of the default which fires the arrow above the crosshair. And the third allows you to hit enemies further away.

And have also tried:

fMagnetismObjLookingMult=0.0000

fMagnetismObjHeadingMult=0.0000

fMagnetismObjStrafeHeadingMult=0.0000

fMagnetismLookingMult=0.0

fMagnetismHeadingMult=0.00

fMagnetismStrafeHeadingMult=0.0

fMagnetismStrafeBaseSpeed=0

fMagnetismStrafeMaxDistance=0

and none of that made a difference either. If any one knows of a mod or tweak please tell me because this autoaim is ruining my immersion and any feeling of skilled shooting.

Oh and what the hell was up with that arrow at :35?

Edited by Mfors704

Ok i have narrowed it down some i think. I just tested the same shots on giants, rats, and town guards. For giants and rats it was exactly the same as it was to the skeleton in the video. On the Town guards, when they are not hostile, arrows can whizz past them on the same shots. Even the shot between the legs does not hit. But after I damage the guard the hitbox/ aim assist kicks in and I can no longer shoot between the legs and near the head without the arrow hitting. It seems as though only pre disposed hostile NPC's get the automatic aim assist/big hitbox. So that is why shooting dear and rabbits from a distance is very hard, but shooting a wolf is not as hard. Its still not too big of a problem but I hope I or some modder can fix it.

your reaction is over the top. Whether there is autoaim here or just large hitboxes is quite up for dispute, and that alone means it's far from excessive. If autoaim is there, it's subtle, and i personally have no problems missing enemies i wanted to hit. Especially when trying to shoot fleeing wildlife.

your reaction is over the top. Whether there is autoaim here or just large hitboxes is quite up for dispute, and that alone means it's far from excessive. If autoaim is there, it's subtle, and i personally have no problems missing enemies i wanted to hit. Especially when trying to shoot fleeing wildlife.

Actually when you try to lead a moving target the aim assist kicks in and makes the shot miss. I have seen the arrow gravitate to where the hostile npc is at the time i shoot even if I am trying to lead it. Also from my experience it does not seem to effect non hostile wildlife, they are hard to hit. Where as a wolf is easy to hit. And I know this is not a fps or shooter but I would kill for just a little bit more realism in shooting. I am going to retire my archer for now and hopefully it can be fixed.

Aim assist in common in console games, this is just another example Bethesdas half arsed porting. There was a mod that disabled it in FO3, with any luck someone can do the same for this.