ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Fix nexus mods website for new version of google chrome

jmababa

It's working fine for me on Chrome version 53.0.2785.101 (64-bit) on Mac OS-X.

If you only get white text and no styles or pictures, that's usually a sign the CSS stylesheets couldn't be loaded for some reason.

Most likely suspect is either a problem with the CDN in your region (1 out of million servers all over the world could be acting up) or a routing problem from your location to the server(s).

According to the source code the stylesheets, and all images and other resources, are obtained from staticdelivery.nexusmods.com, while the actual HTML is retrieved from www.nexusmods.com. Both (sub-)domains go to completely different servers (staticdelivery most likely even being a CDN like I said and could be located anywhere near you or farther away in your case), completely different IPs, and are likely miles away from each other, depending on which one gets selected in your region and by your routing tables.

You can "traceroute" your way to staticdelivery.nexusmods.com and see where it hangs. Or you can try to clear the cache in your browser (all cache, page-, asset-, resources-, etc., as there's multiple) and see if it goes away. Quite often even the route that was selected the first time you opened a page is stored on your end somewhere locally, so this cache has to be cleared as well and it might just pick up a better one already on its own.

I for one would wait for a developer to chime in with actual facts and proper solutions and take all I said with the necessary grain of salt (I'm a website and -server developer by job description, not one of this site, so I only know about these things in general, not any specifics to how it's here), but in the mean time trying the things I mentioned can't ever hurt, and many people have had success with similar solutions to similar problems in the past already.

edit: Also, it looks like this discussion could be related:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/4822240-nexus-mods-site-background-images-and-structure-not-loading-properly/

Seems to be a locational thing for these people, caused by their ISP specifically.