Fallout: Willow's Gamble

Cyberweasel89

Discussion and Comment Topic: Link

- - - - - - - - - -

Disclaimer: Fallout belongs to Bethesda, who purchased the rights from Black Isle. Willow, J.T., and most other strays that appear belong to LlamaRCA. Any other non-canonical characters belong to Cyberweasel89.

- - - - - - - - - -

Fallout: New Vegas

Willow’s Gamble

By Cyberweasel89

Prologue: Special Encounter

- - - - - - - - - -

The woman by the side of the road was what many people would consider attractive. Tall, slender. Platinum blonde hair down to her shoulders, framing her face. Clear blue eyes. She was dressed for practicality when traversing the desert. Black boots, blue jeans, a brown leather jacket over a black shirt that showed her impressively toned midriff. A leather backpack rested on her back, seemingly stuffed to the brim with who knew what, while a thin chain necklace graced her elegant neck. She carried no weapon, though, and certainly seemed distraught.

Looking back and forth along the road, she spotted a dust cloud heading toward her from Primm. She waved her arms to get the person’s attention, and luckily he slowed down and pulled his red motorcycle to a stop next to her.

It was a man, dressed in reinforced leather armor that looked backed with gecko skins, boxing tape wrapped around his hands. He seemed incredibly pale, almost ghost white, but his face was hidden under a motorcycle helmet, biker goggles, and some sort of breathing mask. Most of his luggage seemed stuffed in the sidecar attached to the bike.

“Hey! Did you see a couple of guys on the road just now? They robbed me! Bastards.”

The man shook his head.

“Oh. Well, they took my favorite rifle, and some other stuff. I still have my spiked knuckles, but now I don’t have a gun. Plus, my leg is hurt.”

The man simple looked down at her leg, then back up at her face.

“I used all my medical supplies on my leg. That’s how I’m moving around so well, but it’s still sore. And it’s impossible to prove I’ve been robbed. You’ll just have to believe me. I am telling the truth. Oh, wait! I found this.” She walked up and handed him a piece of paper, noticing when he held out his hand that he had a Pip-Boy 3000 on his wrist. “They dropped it. The thieves dropped it.”

He gave it a once over before reaching into a bag at his waist and handing her a handful of bottle caps.

“Oh! Thanks, but no, I don’t need caps. I need a different weapon to go after them with.”

He just stared at her.

“What? Yes, I’m going after them. I’d rather not do it alone, but I will. I want my stuff back.”

The oddly quiet fellow reached into the bag in his sidecar and threw her an unusual .223 pistol. The metal, usually a shiny black, looked faded compared to most models.

“Uh... Thanks?”

He got up and picked his backpack up out of the sidecar, strapped to his back, then gesturing toward the now empty seat.

“What? You want me to ride with you? Does that mean... You’ll help me get my stuff back?”

He nodded.

“Thanks. Though, I don’t have any caps to pay you with.”

He held out his hand to stop her, shaking his head.

“You don’t want anything in return?”

He shook his head again.

“Well... Gee, I didn’t think that kind of generosity existed out here anymore. Thanks. If it makes you feel any better, I’m a good shot. I started hunting with my Dad when I was a little kid. Plus, I’m a lot of fun to have around.”

She couldn’t tell through all the gear he wore over his face and on his head, but it seemed like he was smiling at her. He reached into a pouch at his waist and handed her some 5.56mm rounds.

“Thank you so much. My name’s Willow, by the way. It’s nice to meet you. But, please do hurry. I’m anxious to get going.”

He nodded, taking a seat on his motorcycle and gesturing toward the sidecar.

“Great! Listen, I want to tell you exactly what I lost, so you’ll know what to look for, okay? You know about my rifle, This Machine, that’s what I call it. And there are two other things. Chester, a teddy bear I’ve had forever, and Moira, a doll. I hope we find the toys. I’m embarrassed to admit this and I know it sounds stupid, but I do love them. Thanks again for helping me.”

He seemed to be smiling at her again.

Willow climbed it, her shoulder bumping what looked like a red-hilted katana in a brown wooden scabbard. Positioning it so it would stay upright as she sat, she held on as her mysterious new friend revved the engine and took off down the road, leaving a cloud of dust in their wake.

Very excellent! Looking forward to reading more. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS: kudos!

Edited by Maharg67