One of the reasons that Skyrim has such Low Res Textures

TheOutlander

Are you guys totally blind? There is a 4gb exe mod out, go download it now and ffs stop blaming the consoles... its pure marketting you'd do the same if you owned a franchise: don't think you do: dl the mod asap

No we are not blind! I have the mod already downloaded! It is just we all can see the laziness! I don't think it should be that big thing to make it look good for PC's. Just shows us that creators of games seem nowadays always forget how big favour PC has made for gaming industry and yet they go 'feck it they will sort it out them selves'

That is why many of us blame consoles! You can clearly see form different games that it wasn't made for PC, but only transformed from console mode! Which is annoying as HELL!

EDIT: Ventrilol best avatar ever :D

Edited by Moikko

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

go download it now and ffs stop blaming the consoles

So, we should not blame it because there is a download. ..... What?

They did a console --> Pc port because more people play the Xbox.

Instead they should go Pc ---> console port, with high quality, and make thoose CoD fanboys figure out this: The era of consoles is over. We can use controllers on the PC. Why not let them spend time making some good controllers, instead of new consoles? Then you can put your laptop in front of your TV, like you would do with a PS3 or Xbox, and you could then play it with a wireless Xbox or PS3 controller. Suddently we can play all kind of games on ONE machine, and we would not be limited by 7 years old machines that is worse than my old computer.

Fact is, it is not even worth using the argument "PC games can be cracked!" either. Consider It is just as simple to crack a PS3 or Xbox360, or Wiii. There is nothing somebody can make, than a hobby-cracker can't crack.

I mean, can somebody please give me ONE good reason why there are consoles today? Just ONE valid reason? .... it limits more than anything.

Bleh, /nerdrage

I mean, can somebody please give me ONE good reason why there are consoles today? Just ONE valid reason? .... it limits more than anything.

Bleh, /nerdrage

Because the industry managed to hype a second rate piece of hardware onto the wishlist of every teenager. Because parents wanted them kept away from their computers. And because a large portion of people don't know much about computers in general.

Are you guys totally blind? There is a 4gb exe mod out, go download it now and ffs stop blaming the consoles... its pure marketting you'd do the same if you owned a franchise: don't think you do: dl the mod asap

Yeah, kind of makes me wonder why it was so easy for a modder to come up with a simple fix to solve tons of client stability issues in one stroke while Bethesda seems incapable of doing the same with their own product. They will however, through their patches, happily disable said fix without a thought or care. This might well reintroduce the same stability issues again until the LAA mod con be updated. Would it not be easier for them just to do their damned jobs and not rely on modders for everything?

What I would do if it were my franchise and I wanted the game to be received favourably, is build in that fix to the game to start with. If there's any valid rationale for running the game with 2GB, make it a start up option that a user can choose. Console users get their own version anyways so making a very simple fix for the PC would have no effect on them whatsoever. That's not even marketing, it's basic professionalism.

The people responding to the " box with the ugly green x" comment are taking it too literally and hatin on Microsoft.

He meant Consoles, in general held back Skyrims potential.

And that is a fact :(

Indeed...if we didn't have to "compete" with 5 year old technology, Skyrim would look amazing. Has nothing to do with the 2GB limitation...that's just because for some odd reason game companies think gamers use 32 bit OS still. I know there's still quite a few people that have 32 bit Windows, but gamers normally have 64 bit these days. HL2 had a 64 bit mode...and when did that game come out? :wallbash:

Sheesh, look at The Witcher 2, the textures in that are just woah...it wasn't made for the consoles in mind. They are releasing it on the Xbox 360 early next year and they had to reduce the textures so people's consoles wouldn't overheat from the epicness :P We just get stuck with the crap console textures to begin with. Thank goodness for mods.

Edited by Illiad86

why does it have low quality textures? it doesn't.

what are you talking about?

the world looks pretty to me. you guys are just spoilt.

as to the LAA, it was shut down on DRM grounds. It's quite simple really. some rich exec got mad and threatened to fire someone unless they made it "harder to steal". So the poor programmers, even though they know better, did as ordered because the boss puts food on their table.

blame management.

Maybe next TES game should be done by modders instead of beth...i think it would be awesome. :laugh:

maybe? certainly. go for t. Go on, get started!

don't call it elder scrolls though, the lawyers will get mad. but by all means get started on a procedurally loading engine.

get enough decent programmers to work for free and it might just be possible. then you just have to handle liasons with hardware manufacturers to make sure it doesn't fail horribly and crash a lot. Hire a large art team, a few writers, level designers, fifty or so voice actors, some foley artists, a world-renowned music composer, and enough funding to make them all turn up and do what you say.

surprisingly, no. Modders cannot make a triple A game like skyrim. it takes such ridiculous quantities of work that it's pretty much im,possible without a ton of funding to get all the right people onside, and keep them. that's what zenimax media does, and it's why every game conmpany has that board of evil execs running the show behind the scenes.

Edited by WarKirby3333

Maybe next TES game should be done by modders instead of beth...i think it would be awesome. :laugh:

maybe? certainly. go for t. Go on, get started!

don't call it elder scrolls though, the lawyers will get mad. but by all means get started on a procedurally loading engine.

get enough decent programmers to work for free and it might just be possible. then you just have to handle liasons with hardware manufacturers to make sure it doesn't fail horribly and crash a lot. Hire a large art team, a few writers, level designers, fifty or so voice actors, some foley artists, a world-renowned music composer, and enough funding to make them all turn up and do what you say.

surprisingly, no. Modders cannot make a triple A game like skyrim. it takes such ridiculous quantities of work that it's pretty much im,possible without a ton of funding to get all the right people onside, and keep them. that's what zenimax media does, and it's why every game conmpany has that board of evil execs running the show behind the scenes.

Uhh it was a joke, relax. :)