Pretty Pack - First Alpha Release!

Shaikoten

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was a really great pack. In quite a few cases I already had some of the mods contained but bundling them together was a good idea. To be honest there were a couple of things I wasn't that keen on but I think that was due to my own personal preference and not a reflection on the authors themselves.

The improved flora is especially beautiful, definately missed that one, so finding it here was a bonus.

Can anyone tell me if this mod hurts performance?

Seemed okay to me. Only thing I noticed was slightly longer loading times nothing annoying though, but I've got an old hard drive and lots and lots of textures in my data folder

"Pretty" is subjective. Many of these texture mods make the game look worse to me because they go against the art direction, or they are just downright uglier in my opinion.

I guess my point is I'd prefer to pick and choose to get the rare really good ones.

"Pretty" is subjective. Many of these texture mods make the game look worse to me because they go against the art direction, or they are just downright uglier in my opinion.

I guess my point is I'd prefer to pick and choose to get the rare really good ones.

Well people are obviously entitled to choose their own mods, but I'm curious as to how you feel they deviate from the art direction. I thought the choices were very similar and stuck very closely to the vanilla style.

Having read the teams original concept post sticking to the original style was something they clearly wanted for their texture package. So I don't quite follow.

I am aware that there are a couple of textures that really don't look particularly good -- not necessarily because they break the art direction, but because they've lost definition instead of gained it. These will be removed in the next release until we can find better replacements. But things won't be perfect with the first few releases, and this is still a sort of pre-release. If you, or anyone else sees textures in this pack they don't think are up to par, please let us know so we can work on fixing them.