ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Holotape Games

indycurt

I've been playing Fallout 4 now for months, and still have not figured out how to play the holotape games (i.e. Red Menace). I load the tape, the mini game comes up, and that's where it ends. I play on PC, and I push every key I can think of and the game never plays. What keys operate these mini games? This is starting to drive me insane that I can't figure out something so simple! I've tried the "enter" key, the "e" key, the arrow keys, etc. I've done searches on both YouTube and the Internet and all I keep coming up with is the "locations" of the games, NOT how to play them.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Edited by indycurt

You must be experiencing some kind of glitch because I play with mouse and keyboard and can use the arrow keys, enter key and even the mouse with no problem. I know I have read that some people have had to put the holotape into a terminal first to "separate the game from the magazine" and then after doing that they just launch the holotape from the pipboy as intended. But, you said you get the opening game screen soo... I dunno.

Umm, long shot but you said you tried pressing every key... did you try just clicking on the game screen with the mouse?

It should work on any terminal that says load holotape but possibly try a different terminal or build one. I just tried Grognak and found the most fearsome beast in fallout 4. The Great Serpent is unkillable I had Bloppo stun it Maula take the aegis stance defending and Grognak doing fearsome rage. The serpant still wiped everybody out. Its a wandering monster and I think your just supposed to run away when it comes your way.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266099557081219633/790CF9F5A339978AAE48EAFFB1A507B0BD79444A/