Skyrim is so generic.

agamer

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's so true, your leader of their group and tehy still do not recognize you, the Legion part too, I mean your a Legate and they are like "stay out of trouble citizen" or even when you kill Ulfric and end the rebelion you can still ask people "What are your toughts on the war?" And they are all like, ahh Ulfric is so bad/worse depending on the NPC, even on the grey district, if you talk to some dark elves there they still talk as if Ulfric is still on power and doing s*** to their kind wich is very retarded, I mean they didn't even noticed that you and some soldiers busted into the city and killed their Jarl? And theres much more of these kind of situations like your wearing a Daedric armor, lots of people fear Dredmora, but still they say to you "What a milk drinker is doing here?" I mean wtf, I can kill this guy with 1 stamina attack and he's still saying that?

At least they are not calling me the Hero of Kvatch for ever and ever and ever. To pretend that Oblivion was somehow better in this regard is laughable.

Not really, and at least you get some recognition don't you think? I mean you killed the eater of worlds and they are just like, "What a milk drinker"... I mean seriously now...

At least they are not calling me the Hero of Kvatch for ever and ever and ever. To pretend that Oblivion was somehow better in this regard is laughable.

Yeah, but there's enough of "you're the one who ...." going round. The repetition is the same.

And as about everyone says. Its not a bad game, It's just that they lose out in the roleplaying and therefore immersion department. I have to admit I was hoping for grand things after playing Fallout. They didn't develop that game, but one might think, they learned something about NPC interactions and questlines when publishing the titles.

Skyrim sucks.

Was totally uneccessary. I agree on your point, but you took a few negative points out of quite a few good ones, and decided the game sucks?

This is finally a non-linear RPG, as about every RPG have been since Oblivion. For me, that is more than enough.

And the Ai is a tricky thing. Not many get the AI right, and these games is usually linear and with limited collision.

Heck, they fixed the walking animation finally! That alone is something I love.

Not really, and at least you get some recognition don't you think? I mean you killed the eater of worlds and they are just like, "What a milk drinker"... I mean seriously now...

Like how they kept saying I was the new mage in the guild even after I was head of the guild? The OP claims Oblivion was somehow better at this than Skyrim and it just isn't true.

Every npc repeats the same thing over and over again like a broken record. The articficial intelligence in Skyrim is almost non existent. After all the years the programmers had to make the game better, it seems to have gone backwards. I like Oblivion better. It has a lot more class and finesse. Skyrim sucks.

Somebody doesn't pay attention the games they're playing.

Somebody appears to have regular sillyhead moments.

Somebody better be trollin', or at least better not represent the majority of people in my country.

Somebody lacks skills in analysis, specifically the ones necessary to understand differences in development between two games.

Somebody is you.

Edited by Overmind267

Hear, hear! My thoughts exactly. Skyrim has a nice engine, and is mostly a good game. But it is not the greatest thing on this planet since flan flavored soap. Most of the criticism piled against Skyrim are quite reasonable in my book, and have nothing to do with hating for hating's sake.

We, the customers, were promised a dynamic and rich world, a clear improvement over the previous titles. We did not get that. Sure it's pretty, but what game isn't these days? And of course it's tech is better looking that it's five year older sibling. That does not make it automatically the bestest thing evar! And stating that thing, does not make one an unreasonable git who just can't appreciate the awesomeness that is Skyrim.

As for what is bugging me about Skyrim, is it's shallow nature and hollow dialogue options. What I was looking forward in SKyrim, were all those much hyped improvements in the way the game handles AI, quests and dialogue. And the way it was supposed to track all your actions, and to use them to mold the playing experience. But so far I've seen none of that. In fact I keep bumbing into really sloppy oversights all the time. Stuff that even Oblivion got right.

A simple example: I recently revisited Swindlers Den (Since my Map didn't label it as being cleared for some reason. I thought I had missed some treasure chest or something and went to check it out again.) When I got there, much to my annoyance and total breaking of immersion, I found that Kematu was still hanging around (with his five mates) in that last chamber. Even though I finished the quest with Saadia weeks ago, weeks in real life. Couple of months in game time. The cave had reset while I had been away, and was full of bandits. Had no problem with that. An empty cave in the wilderness? Naturally a new band of brigands will move in sooner or later. But why was Kematu still there? After all, he was supposed to have returned to Hammerfell with Saadia ages ago?

It's like the developers assumed, that I would never bother to revisit that place ever again, so no need to clean up those character refs. All they'd had to do was to include one line of script that turned those refs off after having finished the In my time of Need Quest. Not doing so is sloppy design.

Pretty much the main issue I have with Skyrim right here. Cicero is still waiting outside that guys farm to get his wheel fixed. It's been almost a month in game....Unless that guy is taking a REALLY long time to gather his tools, I'm pretty sure Bethesda could have actually finished the quest.

The irony is all the whiners never mention alternatives that are vastly superior....empty criticism is for fools in the peanut gallery

Empty? Last time I checked nearly everybody keeps mentioning alternatives or games that have pulled the mentioned aspects in a better way (some of them made or published by Bethesda). The only empty things in all these threads are the one liners of people dropping by with some flamebait.