TheSuey

An Actual Yield  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree?

2. 2. If Yes, What should come of it?

• Reward - Septims, Items, Locations etc
    • Enemy --> Neutral
    • Enemy --> Friendly
    • Enemy --> Available Companion (Special Cases)

I personally think this sort of thing is what the much-touted Radiant Quest system is good for, to be honest: custom, semi-random quests based around existing details.

Say for instance: you get a random chance of a named bandit leader/necromancer/thief/whatever appearing. You beat him silly, he surrenders. If you accept his surrender, he praises your combat skill, and suggests that should you take down another (randomly chosen) named bandit leader, he'll be willing to help you. He gives you a note detailing the last known position of that other bandit leader, and assumes a neutral "hunter" type AI structure after that.

From there, tell the game to leave him at that bandit site by himself for, say, five in-game days. You travel to the other location, take down the other randomly named bandit leader, and when you return with that bandit leader's weapon, he takes the weapon off you and as thanks, provides you a small gift of coin and offers his services as a follower.

From there, if you accept and later send him away, he'll return to the nearest city (determined by the Radiant system) and hang out in the inn there if you need him again. Maybe make it so that only up to three of these potential followers total can stay at a city, and once the fourth "random follower" gets added there, the first one goes away. You're not likely to have that happen anyway, unless you make a point to go only to bandit sites in a certain tight radius around a city.

Killing a bandit, reward - a couple of gold coins, a lockpick or two, occasionally a ring or necklace.

Beating the bandit up, tying his/her hands, taking anything valuable and dragging them to the Jarl and presenting them as a caught villian to be executed - all rewards mentioned above, a small fee from the jarl, and you get to see your prisoner's head roll.

I like it.

They did kinda screw up the yield system. There's no way to yield if you accidentally hit your companion or a guard and live. And even if you defeat them, not only may they not die if they're essential, but they'll make EVERYONE ELSE HOSTILE.

It's shitty. Someone's gotta fix the yield system.

I dont think creating new quests is impossible. I think pppl have done it before and I know of ppl who plan to do it with Skyrim.

The Yield// I surrender in Skyrim is broken. It never works for me.. In oblivion it actually worked... Not in Skyrim.. Not for me in last 150+ hrs that I have played..

But Yes if somebody could improved that so when somebody actaul shout it. and you put your weapon away. It should pop up with some

options.. You know basic to Kill em, to scared em. make cower real life like...

If somebody could even get that to work. Id would be very happy.