Skyrim Audiobooks

Emmarae

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this mod is literally right off my mod request i posted in november absolutely awsome that someone is running with this idea

i would be interested in possibly recording some of the books is the a list of whats being worked on and by whom so i could figure out what i should do

im interested in possibly doing the du rerum dirennis and possibly the 1 or 2 books written by the character sinderion from oblivion

also why the spell to make it work is it not possible to just play the audio track when the specified book is opened?

i requested a audio books mod back in november really glad to see this and my original thread has been redirected to here

Edited by morlander

This holiday I received Snowball USB microphone from friends, lucky me, and have begun experimenting with voice-overs for the in-game book Horker Attacks. I don't know why, but my voice isn't as buttery and smooth as I thought it was. In fact, it may be banned from airwaves lest the ears of our children sample the fruit of my toxic chords.

So... what can I do to make my voice sound less terrible? I am currently not using a pop screen just yet, also I'm using Audacity to record if that helps.

Edit: This link should work

Edited by Darksun45230

I use a Snowball as well and while it's theoretically recommended to use setting 1, I suggest you try recording at 3. I can't open the file to see what you mean, but I find 3rd one have a much better depth and quality.

I personally would be very interested in contributing a few readings. I've not got much reference material to be compared with, but I may be able to post/email a sample within a few days. Away from home for the holidays currently, so I won't have much time until I return.

I can do a variety of [male] voices, mostly in the deeper and middle ranges.

List of books I'd like to do, but I'm free to do anything: 16 Accords of Madness, Antecedants of Dwemer Law, and A Kiss, Sweet Mother.

Edited by deckclubace

Hello! I'm "that guy" that Huzzahfortimelines' youtube link spoke about! I would be happy to help out reading some books on this project! Just drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

and I was just mortally terrified by the fact that my avatar icon randomly appeared on this forum without me actually pressing anything.

Edited by Phillock

A list of books, and their transcripts, can be found HERE

Of course, I don't trust UESP or TESWiki, so these transcripts need to be, and will be, validated before reading.

Questions? Concerns? Support?

I love this idea, but it's a bit difficult to keep track of who's doing what. can't you make a list of the books, and write next to it who's doing which book/s (or series of books) I'd love to help but the only way I can is by reading some of the books and I'm not sure which are already being done.

okay I went through read the whole thread and made a make shift list of who's doing what, obviously there are a other voice readers who are just PM-ing Emmarae. so it wasn't the best idea I've ever had. but I was so excited and I've done it now. I used the book list http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Books and replaced the author, description, location coloumns. I wanted to upload it but it was too big.... really not one of my better ideas.

Edited by SkyrimDarling

This holiday I received Snowball USB microphone from friends, lucky me, and have begun experimenting with voice-overs for the in-game book Horker Attacks. I don't know why, but my voice isn't as buttery and smooth as I thought it was. In fact, it may be banned from airwaves lest the ears of our children sample the fruit of my toxic chords.

So... what can I do to make my voice sound less terrible? I am currently not using a pop screen just yet, also I'm using Audacity to record if that helps.

Edit: This link should work

Your voice is pretty smooth, I don't think anyone would ban you from the the airwaves. Ones voice never sounds the same when recorded. I just suggest taking deeper breathes before you start, you get a bit whispy near the end.

Please forgive me if I've kinda spammed this thread, I promise it wasn't my intention and I did post these some hours apart. I'm new at this forum thing. usually just read and download. So I've just run around the house looking for a mic and then I quickly recorded the first paragraph.

Is anyone already reading faefolken? if so I'll read something else, if you like how I read... my pronouncation might a little different, but hopefully not problematically so. I didn't know how to pronounce the authors name and I left out one word, but i'll rerecord everything when I do the whole book, if you want to use my reading.

faefolken 1 test

Edited by SkyrimDarling

Response to Bero's Speech sample:

I saw this thread, liked what I saw and recorded something. It's not very good, as I didnt mess around with fancy effects etc, and it could do with some changes, and I'm not entirely happy about it. I thought I'd upload something just to see if my voice causes physical pain or not, and not as a finished product. If you're at all interested please let me know. (Apologies if anyone else in the thread chose this one for their sample and I didn't notice. I had a quick look, but I may not have noticed.)

EDIT: I've done another couple of sample which have come out a bit better. My own opinion is that the microphone I'm using is just about adequate, possibly better with the right effects, but if you're interested in using me then I will definitely get hold of a better one. This is definitely something I'd love to be involved with.

EDIT 2: Books I'd like to read if nobody has any objections: (sorry if someone else has already asked to do these and I haven't spotted that in the thread. Ignore me in this case.)

I'd quite like to read the collection of books you get rewarded with for one of the College quests: (assuming you still have ears left after hearing my sample, although I doubt it's THAT bad)

Daughter of the Niben

Response to Bero's Speech

Catalogue of Weapon Enchantments

Doors of Oblivion (Someone else has done a partial?/recording of this one, but I could do it for consistency. I don't mind either way)

The Horror of Castle Xyr (This one is a playscript. I could do the introduction and scene narrations and let other people do the voices, or I could just do the whole thing if that's easier. I might even be able to find other people I know to do other parts...)

2920 Hearthfire, v9 (Part of a series, so not a great idea really. Just putting it out there.)

Enchanter's Primer

The Black Arts on Trial

Incident at Necrom

Withershins

Racial Phylogeny

Wabbajack (completely unrelated to the others. I just really like it.)

Edited by Incrediblezagzag