Skyrim Audiobooks

Emmarae

Been watching the forum and listening to some of the readings. Just wanted to let you know that I thought this was a brilliant idea and that you guys are doing awesome work making it a reality!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! I'm "that guy" that Huzzahfortimelines' youtube link spoke about! I would be happy to help out reading some books on this project! Just drop me a line and I'll see what I can do.

and I was just mortally terrified by the fact that my avatar icon randomly appeared on this forum without me actually pressing anything.

Yay! You decided to join in! Good luck! :thumbsup:

Well, if you want a book, I advise you take this one for starters: http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/The_Knights_of_the_Nine

It's quite short, but if you could ask a very wise voice to it, that would be great.

Edited by Huzzahfortimelines

Here we go. I thought I'd post this separately just so people actually notice it. I mean, who is going to trawl back to the previous page? I read the whole of the book "Wabbajack" which I mentioned in my last post, since I enjoyed reading it in game so much. Again the quality isn't the best it could be, and if you are serious about taking me on then I will get hold of a better mic somehow.

I deliberately intended it to sound a bit like I was about to laugh, but I can understand if that's not how you want it to be read.

I have decided to read "nords arise!" however it will takes 150 minutes to upload.

Wow... just wow. I really really liked that. We need your voice for all our anti Empire/Thalmor/Non-nord Propaganda right now! I really am not trying to sound overly critical, and I feel that all of my criticism is constructive, but I have to admit that some parts of your performance were less outstanding than others, especially the beginning. If you could be as consistently awesome as some parts were then you would be outperforming pretty much everyone who did the actual voice acting.

Edited by Incrediblezagzag

Here we go. I thought I'd post this separately just so people actually notice it. I mean, who is going to trawl back to the previous page? I read the whole of the book "Wabbajack" which I mentioned in my last post, since I enjoyed reading it in game so much. Again the quality isn't the best it could be, and if you are serious about taking me on then I will get hold of a better mic somehow.

I deliberately intended it to sound a bit like I was about to laugh, but I can understand if that's not how you want it to be read.

I have decided to read "nords arise!" however it will takes 150 minutes to upload.

Wow... just wow. I really really liked that. We need your voice for all our anti Empire/Thalmor/Non-nord Propaganda right now! I really am not trying to sound overly critical, and I feel that all of my criticism is constructive, but I have to admit that some parts of your performance were less outstanding than others, especially the beginning. If you could be as consistently awesome as some parts were then you would be outperforming pretty much everyone who did the actual voice acting.

Your criticism are quite accurate actually, I messed up the recording multiple times so I some recordings I did together. That added on with the fact that I couldn't remember my voice previously led to that.

Yes, I did effects for the Dremora's voice part only because I felt it necessary (though I have the original, unedited version if anyone's interested in hearing it.) I feel some parts are too loud and others too soft. What does the board think?

@Mugabuga -

why don't you look for a book that needs a voice like yours rather than stressing your vocal cords? I have no idea what you sound like so I can't suggest anything. http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Books

You can always record something and put it on soundcloud, what's the worst that can happen. They'll say sorry we can't use your record but thanks for trying. Good saying Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained.

I'm also just putting my reading on soundcloud just waiting till i'm home and away from this noisy air con.