Skyrim Audiobooks

Emmarae

Loving the reading, even the sound files with no effects on them

I really cant wait for this mod, sitting in my Breezehome, pointing a spell on na book and then enjoying it being read for me :D

Thats a good point, how will we be able to read these on the run? Maybe if you spell on the book and put it in your inventory, it continues to read?

I was imagening them bein like holotapes in fallout, you should be able to turn them on and off whenever you want. I wanted to make it so that there will be a window popup everytime you open a book that would ask you if you want to hear this book. Then there is one thing that i cant decide how to handle yet, it is that some books seems to be long, and we could need a system that will start playing it from last point.

Alternatively we could made it so that you hear the book when you open its sites, like you go to next site and it will start reading from there.

@gengrimm I was going to do this, but if you can do it, please do, because there also other nice mods that i want to write when the set is out, however, if you want to do this, make sure this will be a good quality script.

Defaintely would be a boss mod.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Real Barenziah volumes 1-5 took me about 2-3 hours to read. It could take even longer to read aloud, I'm thinking 3-5 hours.

Captivating story, doubt anyone would want to volunteer for that.

Had a look at The Real Barenziah, and suffice to say, 'Challenge Accepted'. It's certainly long, but I doubt it'll take 3 hours, probably closer to 2.

I recorded chapter one in a reasonably neutral voice with very slight changes for voices to at least make them slightly distinguishable from the basic narrative. No effects were applied, and there's a few clicks here and there thanks to my mic. Turns out chapter 1 is just under 19 minutes, and uploaded here - http://www.mediafire.com/?ah7jazr0z4gfdd1

I'll try to get chapters 2 and 3 done on Thursday when there's more free time. Hope chapter 1 is enjoyable to listen to, and any feedback is appreciated and welcomed.

Edited by Mechanorm

Shouldn't be very hard to script this.

At least in the gamebryo version of the editor all books are activators that can run scripts when use. I presume this functionality still exists ad reading books can give quests and skill points in skyrim.

Thus it should merely be a point of having the script point to the appropriate imported sound file for the book, assuming of course the "Verbalize" spell is active on the player.

The tricky part is probably going to be finding a good and efficent way to have the already playing sound file to be canceled and removed from the sound queue. It will either be really easy to do that or really tricky. Either way I don't see why it is not a very doable script/mod.

The tricky part is probably going to be finding a good and efficent way to have the already playing sound file to be canceled and removed from the sound queue. It will either be really easy to do that or really tricky. Either way I don't see why it is not a very doable script/mod.

FO3 had audiobooks, same engine?

The Real Barenziah volumes 1-5 took me about 2-3 hours to read. It could take even longer to read aloud, I'm thinking 3-5 hours.

Captivating story, doubt anyone would want to volunteer for that.

Had a look at The Real Barenziah, and suffice to say, 'Challenge Accepted'. It's certainly long, but I doubt it'll take 3 hours, probably closer to 2.

I recorded chapter one in a reasonably neutral voice with very slight changes for voices to at least make them slightly distinguishable from the basic narrative. No effects were applied, and there's a few clicks here and there thanks to my mic. Turns out chapter 1 is just under 19 minutes, and uploaded here - http://www.mediafire.com/?ah7jazr0z4gfdd1

I'll try to get chapters 2 and 3 done on Thursday when there's more free time. Hope chapter 1 is enjoyable to listen to, and any feedback is appreciated and welcomed.

Very good!

Hope you don't mind, but I used your reading in a trailer for this mod, to encourage more support.

I'll post it up soon.