( Video Tutorial) How to Get Custom Weapons Into Skyrim!

somuchmonsters

Still not working. I removed the BSLightingShaderProperty but i keep getting this error in the console

Blender NIF Scripts 2.5.8 (running on Blender 249, PyFFI 2.1.11)
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.49b\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line 1229, in gui_button_event
   self.gui_exit()
 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.49b\.blender\scripts\bpymodules\nif_common.py", line 1589, in gui_exit
   self.callback(**self.config)
 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.49b\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 3769, in config_callback
   importer = NifImport(**config)
 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.49b\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 170, in __init__
   data.inspect(niffile)
 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\formats\nif\__init__.py", line 1286, in inspect
   self.header.read(stream, data=self)
 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\struct_.py", line 354, in read
   attr_value.read(stream, data)
 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\xml\array.py", line 300, in read
   elem.read(stream, data)
 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\common.py", line 691, in read
   % (length, stream.tell()))
ValueError: string too long (0x6C0C0000 at 0x0000003A)

Maybe i can get some help in nifscope forums. Thank you anyway

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone here help me out please? I'm having a glow map issue. I edited the daedric armor with 3ds max 2012 and finished off the editing with nifskope. When I copy the NiAlphaProperty of the original daedric mesh into mine, i get the issue below. If I don't add that line, the armor looks fine, but is won't have the glowing parts.

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7326/frontwh.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9882/backtup.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How can I make the glow look like how it should? If anyone knows, I would really appreciate the help.

Edited by El Explosivo

This is a great post, except on the first part of the first video I already get this error from max: "String too long. Not a NIF file or unsupported format" . How did you guys pass this (my 3ds works fine opening Oblivion meshes)?

EDIT: Should have asked instead: where did you guys get the Skyrim nif plugin for Max . Anyways, found the 3.7.1 plugin for max = problem solved. That was not obvious by the way.

Edited by Jedo_Dre

i'm using 3ds max 2011, nifskope v 1.1rc with the throttlekitty ini file and a non patched skyrim (basic version)

after following evry guide in the forum i'm still getting this error when i try to load an original skyrim mesh (extracted from the bsa)

""invalid array size for array" "Extra Data List""

""array Extra Data List invalid""

""device position incorrect after block number 15 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0x44ef ended at 0x44f7 (expected 0x4553)""

""device position incorrect after block number 20 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0x6388 ended at 0x6390 (expected 0x63f0)""

""device position incorrect after block number 30 (BSLightingShaderProperty) at 0x12d95 ended at 0x12d9d (expected 0x12dfd)""

any advice pls?

@Ghogiel, your suggestion about deleting Skyrim blocks is a really bad idea :excl:

The way blender scripts work is PyFFI reads the file. The version of PyFFI used by Blender Nifscript v2.5.08 does not have the capability to read Skyrim blocks. Even if you do remove the Skyrim specific blocks, the remaining blocks would still not be known. The first thing PyFFI does is perform a check to see if it knows the header.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Blender Foundation\Blender 2.49b\.blender\scripts\import\import_nif.py", line 170, in __init__
data.inspect(niffile)

Even if you fake it, the block sizes would be incorrect.

File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Python26\lib\site-packages\pyffi\object_models\common.py", line 691, in read
   % (length, stream.tell()))
ValueError: string too long (0x6C0C0000 at 0x0000003A)

Even the current 2.6.0 dev version does not have Skyrim PyFFI support yet.

Edited by abominalmonkey

I double checked it, aparently no one has mentioned this so....just gessing here, but maybe nevenbridge81's error is caused by the weight slider. You know there's two versions of every armor, a _0 wich is the skinny one and _1, more muscular. To put it simple, you need to mantain the same number of verts and order in both meshes, otherwise the game won't be able to morph and you get weird artifacts.

One way to check this is just to open showracemenu and see how the mesh looks with the weight slider at min and max, if the meshes show porperly then that is the issue. If you ask me how to fix this, well I'd say simply replace both _0 and _1 with the same mesh, you wont have different weight sizes but it should work....

And somuchmonsters, thx for the tip! The skinning tutorial I had read was for really low poly objects indeed, I've read a few more tutorials and now my problem is that I can't mirror the wieghts, it works fine with the arms but the clavicles are another story....I think it's because the envelopes are looking in totally different directions. Anyway I'll eventually find how to solve this, and I can always manually weight them.

Thanks again for all the usefull info

Edited by aoikun

Specifically what (commonly used) operations in max preserve the vertex index index, and what changes it? Edit Mesh/Poly modifiers? Transforms/scales/rotations? UV maps? BSDismember? Collapsing? If simple mesh editing screws up the index, then how the heck do you weight different models (_0, _1)? So far I've been just making the _0 and _1 meshes identical.

Also +1 on something about proper weight mirroring to save time. Never got the mirror panel under Skin to work properly.

Oh, and thanks so much for this series of tutorials.

Edited by jimhsu