( Video Tutorial) How to Get Custom Weapons Into Skyrim!

somuchmonsters

Great tutorial, seeing someone doing everything makes it much easier to understand and follow the steps.

As for the request, well the next should be armor as you plan. I'm personally interested in body/face replacements, but maybe you should wait till the CK is released, I'm a total noob but it looks to me that body and specially face replacements would be kinda hard and not worth trying it atm.

I would like to ask you a question, correct me if I'm mistaken but it looks like the Max tool can't export the materials , that's why you have to set it manually on Nifskope. My question is, How do you know where to place each texture? Just by imitating the structure of the replaced mesh shader node? and If my new mesh has a type of texture that the original one didn't (i.e my mesh has one enviromental map and the original none), how do I know where to place it? I'm just curious, but I gess that eventually the exporter will be updated and none of this will be necesary

Thank you for the video

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. My question is, How do you know where to place each texture? Just by imitating the structure of the replaced mesh shader node? and If my new mesh has a type of texture that the original one didn't (i.e my mesh has one enviromental map and the original none), how do I know where to place it? I'm just curious, but I gess that eventually the exporter will be updated and none of this will be necesary

Thank you for the video

In the BSShaderTextureSet block details hover over 'textures'. that descrition is up to the sixth slot, which is what the F3 version of that block went up to, the descriptions haven't been updated in nifskope, it is wiser to wait for te CK to just look at the texture sets to see how BGS labeled them... but those last 3 are for some sort of funky refraction subsurfsce shaders like seen in the ice caves or frost atronach. we don't quite know everything about them yet. the environment and the mask are labelled correctly

if you want an env map shader set up, my advise is to simply open a nif with one and just use that shader block, you can just swap them around and try new ones. refer to this thread to see the prelim what number shader is what break down

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/457148-graphics-modding/page__view__findpost__p__3933453

Edited by Ghogiel

Thank you very much Ghogiel, your wisdom never cease to amaze me sir. I'll try this and see if I can get the hang of it, thank you again for the quick answer.

Yeah the whole face thing.... I'm leaving it for TK and others to really poke at. Only I can say is that the expresion morphs are still stored in tri files. They ditched the morphing egm things. But added a fricking ton of face parts, which simplifies but then completely complicates the whole idea of new custom heads, probably even more than before. :pinch:

HOWEVER... you might very well be able to use the 'new heads from blender without reordering vertices work flow', this would allow you to use the stock heads, reshape them to your hearts desire, then get them back out without invalidating the morphs. It it actually has some decent potential. Not sure if any relaxing of the UV can happen without screwing up the vert order.. but perhaps some head variations can be made with that technique as long as you want 2 eyes and a mouth on your head :wink:

assuming it works of course..

Edited by Ghogiel

Yeah the whole face thing.... I'm leaving it for TK and others to really poke at. Only I can say is that the expresion morphs are still stored in tri files. They ditched the morphing egm things. But added a fricking ton of face parts, which simplifies but then completely complicates the whole idea of new custom heads, probably even more than before. :pinch:

And then we get to talk about compatibility between similar mods! I'm waiting on the CK to really get into that.

And a UV relax won't invalidate the vert index by itself. But there we go interjecting offshoot conversations into other threads again... :)

And then we get to talk about compatibility between similar mods! I'm waiting on the CK to really get into that.

And a UV relax won't invalidate the vert index by itself. But there we go interjecting offshoot conversations into other threads again... :)

One thing I hate about max.. you have to add a modifier to do anything including UVing... collapsing the stack is a sure fire way to reorder the verts. Ooops there I go again.. :cool:

The first thing I tought when I saw all those face parts in the chargen was "Oh god, this is gonna be a pain in the..." and inmediatly decided to forget about heads for a while Already checked the Nifskope tooltips about textures and updated it, mine wasn't showing textures ^^, thank you again.

And as Nimrod111 said, a skinning tutorial (maybe included in the armor tutorial) would be very nice, there are some video tutorials about skinning in Max in youtube, but a lot of them are old and it's always better to have a tutorial that uses the same skeleton we all will be using.