( Video Tutorial) How to Get Custom Weapons Into Skyrim!

somuchmonsters

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, setting the weights is necesary when adding a new armor mesh and that's what I meant.

By the way, I noticed that when importing into max all the weights end messed up. It doesn't affect the imported mesh, but if you delete it and try to use the skeleton to start skinning your mesh you'll have to move everything to where it belongs, kinda annoying.

If you've been arting for as long as me there is. Skinning was what we called retexturing quake1 characters for as long as I was modding. ;)

Yeah and that term should have stayed in context to it.

Now people use it when refering to models, textures and all sorts of non sense.

Edited by Ghogiel

Didn't realize you had a topic here somu. I'm working on my next mod right now, which involves weapons, I've got my model into Skyrim and the Blood Effects, but the models textures aren't loading. I've got all of the files in the actual texture/weapons/iron/ (The textures). The shine effect is loading but the actual sword texture refuses to load. Any idea whats up?

*To repeleecate this, open up the ironclaymorne.nif file, use the slip plane tool to add more vertices.

I'm already assuming this messed up the UV Mapping, so I'm hoping you know how to Re-Map the UVs so the texture will render correcty.

Thanks for all help.

~Val

Great video somuchmonsters, again, thank you.

Are you planning to edit it to show the results ingame? It's not necesary, but I liked that part on your first video.

By the way, I checked the link on your sign, you've got some awesome (seriously, really awesome) work in there, a lot of cool videos too. The modding community is lucky to have you arround.

Veldosa: does it show NO textures? Slice plane does not remove uvs. Add an unwrap uvw modifier and see if your weapon still has the uvs in tact. If not, reimport it and try again. No reason what you did should kill em. I suspect you just do not have your textures assigned correctly in the bsshader block, honestly.

Aoikun: I totally messed up when i recorded it. When skyrim didn't open initially i restarted the game but paused the video recording. When I THOUGHT i turned it on again, nooope. Woopsy. And hey, thanks. =)