( Video Tutorial) How to Get Custom Weapons Into Skyrim!

somuchmonsters

Hey aoikun: activate the subobject mode and near the top there will be a dialog that says Select: then a check box below that says vertices. once you turn that on you can manually change the weights either by painting them or by typing in numbers. Envelopes are a pretty crummy way to weight a low poly model. Edit the verts! =)

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i have this problem

http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8914/66343146.jpg

Mesh in nifscope

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/6628/80492352.jpg

i am using blender. In nifscope i tried any combination of spells, normalization and update but after countless hours i cannot solve this problem

Every tip is appreciated :D thx

Edited by nevenbridge81

Hi, i have this problem

-image snip-

i am using blender. In nifscope i tried any combination of spells, normalization and update but after countless hours i cannot solve this problem

Every tip is appreciated :D thx

Depends on what you did in Blender, the skinning is borked. Looks like you're modifying some existing armor? If that's the case, I'd guess that you edited the shape that introduced/removed vertices, but didn't update the skinning before exporting again.

I'm having problems with the mesh not being changed to the custom one in game. I followed the tut exactly even with the same helmet and I can't seem to get anything but the original helmet to show up. I'm sure it's probably something very simple that I'm overlooking....nonetheless, the custom helmet does not show.

i modified an existing mesh. I think the problem is about vertices becouse in ingame wireframe i can see em all messed up. About the skinning are you speaking about the uv map? i am a newbie in 3d editing

By skinning i mean the per-vertex bone weights that bind them to the characters' bones for animation.

Perhaps someone knows of a better resource, but this came up in a google search.

Thank you for helping me. Weight painting myself the model makes it become invisible ingame while i have other problems copying these information from a vanilla nif file (Nif scripts give me errors while importing skyrim nifs. Maybe its not up to date). Can i copy these weights information inside Nifscope?