Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

moxica

To be honest, this is the game I wanted Skyrim to be. Granted, it's more of a hack 'n slash, but it's fresh and new. Something we haven't really seen before.

It also reminds me a lot about WoW. In a good way.

It actually reminds me a lot of Fable.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought this yesterday and this game is really good combat is unique but i do feel like this game is a DA/skyrim rip off with a wow graphics but that's just me. currently level 5 and doing a quest called into the light and a faction quest from the warsworm asking to to go to some keep. I just have a few questions

1. How the f*** do you dispel a ward from a chest? I`m trying to figure this out for the past 10 minutes and it's really frustrating. I keep contracting curse.

2. How many factions can i join? warsworn or traveler or both

3. at what level can i own a house?

i`m playing as a dagger/faeblade build. thx

I bought this yesterday and this game is really good combat is unique but i do feel like this game is a DA/skyrim rip off with a wow graphics but that's just me. currently level 5 and doing a quest called into the light and a faction quest from the warsworm asking to to go to some keep. I just have a few questions

1. How the f*** do you dispel a ward from a chest? I`m trying to figure this out for the past 10 minutes and it's really frustrating. I keep contracting curse.

2. How many factions can i join? warsworn or traveler or both

3. at what level can i own a house?

i`m playing as a dagger/faeblade build. thx

1. Ignore it....a pretty stupid minigame . u can level up to open the chest even if u fail dispeling...

2. You can join all factions ... just like skyrim.

3. You can own a house even from level one..but u will have to complete a quest in Canneroc....just check this video..

me 2...i luv faeblades..:-D

I've stopped playing the game. It's a very soulless game. The world and art style is a super clear rip off of wow. The story is rip off from dragon age origins. Before the game was released I thought to my myself this game will be dragon age in fable game with wow art style.

Playing the game, the story was about making an army to beat the demon army. After I found that out I skipped all the dialog. I don't care, I've played this story with better characters before. I don't care about this world press X to skip it all!

Like the first fable it does a lot of minor mistakes. Like you can't jump over anything you must walk around everything. You have backtrack the whole dungeon after you cleared 95% of them. The inventory is crap, all of it and you can only store or sell so little of it. You can only store weapons, armor, and potions I think. But you can't store crafting supply's????? Why?

The world annoys me. All the "zones" in this game are also "zones" in wow it's like they don't even try to hind the fact everything was based from that game. the cities and zones are all based from wow. Back to zones, like wow the zones will go from jungles to deserts in 50 feet. There is always 2-3 pathways to the zone which lead to other zones.

I don't really care for action games. So combat isn't a big a selling point like it is for everyone else who plays this game. Another big problem with this game, Action games for the most part are supposed to be challenging that's where the fun comes from using all your attacks and skills to defeat the much stronger enemies. This game isn't hard at all. At lvl30 I was 3 shoting everything with daggers and 1 shoting with my bow. Sneaking is pointless you can kill everything straight up and the game will reward you more for fighting them like this. Sneak kills gives crap EXP vs normal combat.

This is this game's problem. it wants to become like everyone favorite games by copying them. like dark siders did but became a soulless game in the process with nothing unique to show for it. like a child who listen to everyone else about who he should be. He might be good but will never reach his whole potential.

I've stopped playing the game. It's a very soulless game. The world and art style is a super clear rip off of wow. The story is rip off from dragon age origins. Before the game was released I thought to my myself this game will be dragon age in fable game with wow art style.

Playing the game, the story was about making an army to beat the demon army. After I found that out I skipped all the dialog. I don't care, I've played this story with better characters before. I don't care about this world press X to skip it all!

Like the first fable it does a lot of minor mistakes. Like you can't jump over anything you must walk around everything. You have backtrack the whole dungeon after you cleared 95% of them. The inventory is crap, all of it and you can only store or sell so little of it. You can only store weapons, armor, and potions I think. But you can't store crafting supply's????? Why?

The world annoys me. All the "zones" in this game are also "zones" in wow it's like they don't even try to hind the fact everything was based from that game. the cities and zones are all based from wow. Back to zones, like wow the zones will go from jungles to deserts in 50 feet. There is always 2-3 pathways to the zone which lead to other zones.

I don't really care for action games. So combat isn't a big a selling point like it is for everyone else who plays this game. Another big problem with this game, Action games for the most part are supposed to be challenging that's where the fun comes from using all your attacks and skills to defeat the much stronger enemies. This game isn't hard at all. At lvl30 I was 3 shoting everything with daggers and 1 shoting with my bow. Sneaking is pointless you can kill everything straight up and the game will reward you more for fighting them like this. Sneak kills gives crap EXP vs normal combat.

This is this game's problem. it wants to become like everyone favorite games by copying them. like dark siders did but became a soulless game in the process with nothing unique to show for it. like a child who listen to everyone else about who he should be. He might be good but will never reach his whole potential.

Well, if you didn't know. It was supposed to be an MMO but changed later on in development, hence the art style. If it was made to be a single player RPG from the start, it would look better and demand more from your PC performance-wise. Second, crafting items have their own storage in your inventory and doesn't take up inventory space. Third, i have never backtracked a dungeon in my playthrough. The end of a dungeon always has a jump off point that leads outside or near the entrance of the dungeon. And finally, i don't really know what difficulty you are on but you could try upping the difficulty. If your already playing on the hardest difficulty, then yeah the weapons and skills are indeed OP.

And what did you mean by "you can only sell so little of it"?

Meh, lots of people are saying that the reason the game is doing so well is because it borrows the best parts from a vast myriad of other games. I don't mind that at all.

Also, I think it's unfair to say it's a blatant rip-off of WoW. Aside from the art-style and area transitioning, it's nothing like WoW.

I don't post much around Nexus Forums, but I guess I would post here because I want to let others know that I am enjoying Kingdom of Amalur: Reckong very much over the last 2 weeks,

I have not bothered with Skyrim since Reckoning released - I think I will actually uninstall it. That is saying a lot since I have other games on my PC that I haven't played for quite some time but still resisted uninstalling them (Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Fallout: New Vegas).

I will not say Reckoning is a great game. It has bugs, the story isn't the greatest. Whatever, However, I'm enjoying it.

One of the things I enjoy is walking my (female) PC around chitchatting to others. Some NPCs will recognise my PC based on the works she has done, and it also amuses me to bump into an NPC that does not:

1) After a storyline battle, a soldier in a tavern challenged my PC on "doing her part" in the battle before claim ing that the battle would have been lost if not for the hero ...

2) A soldier my PC met shortly out in the wilderness just outside the battlefield commented that he found her "familar" but couldn't pin her down, assuming she was one of the many fellow combatants he fought along with at some point of the fighting.

Some will flame me for saying so, but I am reminded of Baldur's Gate (walking around and chatting up all those NPCs that sprout all sorts of rubbish).

There was this one part that makes me think of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Emperor Uriel Septim. A major NPC was with some reluctance (for then unknown reasons) leading my PC to a place "for some answers" and we reached a point where a monster was bearing down on us. At this point, the NPC went "I'm sorry, this is as far as I can take you" and suddenly, everything clicks: He was reluctant to guide me because he had foreseen his own death at that point ...

only for my PC (who serves as the monkey wrench to the world) to ruin it all by killing the monster that was to have him for stew ... and he promptly start yelling at me for messing up his death!

The combat is fun enough to engage me. I am generally not the type to play on max difficulty, so I just enjoy it as it comes, revelling in the freedom to mix and match as I like, in the same way I enjoy Dead Space 2. The last game I played on max difficulty was Mass Effect 2, which is generally not that challenging unless you play a class the wrong way (like all those people who complain about the Adept on Insanity diff - my Adept goes BOOM BOOM "Where's everyone?").

My first and current character is a Finess / Sorcery build that just unlocked the highest relevant Destiny "Shadowcaster" (what serves as the "class" for Reckoning) for her build; I estimate she's around the 75-80% mark to the end of the main questline. I have plans for at least 2 new playthroughs with different builds from ground up after I am done with her - if I can be done with her, because I had gotten quite attached to her and my playstyle with her. She is the charactor that I would have wanted that I never could make in Skyrim. I even had a pic album about her and the things she found/wear on my Bioware Social Account here.

Kingdom of Amalur was supposed to be a fill-in while I am waiting for Mass Effect 3, but it is now a game I can comfortably play for a good part of this year (after I finish my Mass Effect 3's first run).

Edited by SupidSeep