Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

moxica

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not having much luck with it though. Made self a nice Dark Elf and then it froze after chargen. Server issues I think.

Nope. I get to create a character and then...that's it. It tells you to use WASD to move around but I was stuck with a black screen and got no response to my mouse or keyboard. Apart from if I hit ESC to go to the menu.

Not very impressed.

I noticed that that's a problem with post-processing effects.

Turn post-processing off in the graphics menu and it should work then.

The demo is ok, the camera zooms out a lot when you're in combat and that's irritating. Maybe I was doing something wrong, I only played for about 15 minutes.

On the technical side, it was lagging a bit. Smashing a few crates froze the game for 3 seconds once.

Post-processing problems and lag. I think it doesn't like my ATI card.

Turning off post processing worked for me, though there was the odd freeze. A pretty fun game (and the Dokkalfar females are very attractive....)

I don't know if the Steam demo requires you to log in to your EA account.

Does the demo on Steam require you to log into an EA account?

you actually dont have to sign in to play it, at least i dont just press the X button to close the sign in thing. also i cant sign in to my EA account on the demo anymore, anyways if you dont sign in to your EA acount you wont get the ME3 items and other in-game bonus you unlock while playing the demo.

Yep I just discovered that last night, after the first time I signed in, after that I wasn't able to sign in, so I just X'd out the sign in page and was able to play. Seems to be a bit weird and arbitrary, this sign in thing. Game is quite fun.

I used my EA account as I didn't know you could kill it out. I had to change my password because I forgot it, guess what. They asked me to register a origin username in advance :laugh:. Luckily logging in only granted some Mass Effect 3 bonuses, not any other signs of origin. So if it's released on steam you won't have to bother with it seems.

I got the same feeling towards the game, it's quite ok and I like most of the combat but..I don't know, the graphics feel outdated at times and although you can use your keyboard quite well with, navigation through the menus with your mouse seems to be made difficult somehow (especially equipping things). Archery is rather fixed on targets and doesn't work/respond all of the time, which can be a nuisance. Especially if it is not working at all or if it's working and it refuses to cause any damage. I hope their basic approach (mainly graphics) in some things is done to create vast large areas without lag.

Everything seems to be locked up in .big files, which seems to be related to FinalBig files which links back to a few EA games. There are some editors for that (none of them seem to work right now), with some luck that means things can be edited even without a SDK.

Oh yeah, I hope it's just a demo annoyance that it doesn't save your password :facepalm:. I had the post processing issue as well, they better fix that AMD problem soon :turned: (Just like the annoying 'you can't save the game because it's a demo'- part which is fun if you have to start over because of a bug.)

Edited by Pronam

Does anyone have the same problems as me? There isn't anything after the main cinamatic, the graphics doesn't register on my computer and all I see is black.

Yes, that's a problem with post-processing, we were discussing this a few pages back.

Turn post-processing off in the graphics menu and it should be fine.

I searched around their forums a bit and found out that this (and most of the bugs you encounter during the demo) is already fixed in the final version of the game.