Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

moxica

i just played the demo on PC and Ps3, and i really liked it tbh....though i think ill be getting it for Ps3 (eventually, no money at the moment) cause, for me, the controls feel better. i find myself evading more on the Ps3, while on PC i just tanked. rolling on PC was just not natural for me, then again...i did really like everything else on PC, i might have to try the demo a couple more times to see if i can get used to it.

and do you guys really need an SDK just to buy a game now a days? :P

Edited by hoofhearted4

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me dear sir.

I have been very vocal about wanting the CK for Skyrim because the game is so buggy and I find the elves quite ugly and want nicer presets, etc, etc, etc.

However the characters in KoA are not so badly in need of cosmetic surgery. And Origin notwithstanding, I am still buying the game, not only because I like the look of it, but also because I feel that Bethesda are holding the CK for Skyrim back to try and put a dent in the KoA release. On principle therefore, I must buy.

i just played the demo on PC and Ps3, and i really liked it tbh....though i think ill be getting it for Ps3 (eventually, no money at the moment) cause, for me, the controls feel better. i find myself evading more on the Ps3, while on PC i just tanked. rolling on PC was just not natural for me, then again...i did really like everything else on PC, i might have to try the demo a couple more times to see if i can get used to it.

and do you guys really need an SDK just to buy a game now a days? :P

No.

It's just that it was the main thing that interested me.

I'll pick it up, but later, once I see if all the things they say are accurate.

Seems like now a days it's all about sales hype instead of truth. I've been so disappointed by the vast majority of games these past few years, that I find that I don't believe a word of hype around them.

But I have to admit that I like what ginnyfizz said, and at least I don't have to take steam up the backside to play this one. That's reason enough for me to go buy it.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/121/1216517p1.html

the first review? for this game

That looks promising, that said I tend to take reviews with a shovelful of salt.

A truckload of salt when it comes to IGN.

i dont go to IGN for my reviews, but ive gone back and looked at games i really enjoyed or was just kinda "meh" about, and for the most part theyve given reviews and scores very similar to how i felt and they seem to give similar scores as to what other sites i look at give..

Plus, they gave MGS4 a perfect 10 out of 10, and thats my favorite game of all time :P

I dont trust any website for game reviews, as they are just promoters and many times liars.. For example IGN and not only, gives to dragon age 2 a score 8.5... In my perspective this game is about 4 to 5... maybe less. So I trust mostly user opinions, less journalists opinions.. I only read pre-reviews and from my little experience I can speculate if I have to wait for this game.. Edited by ermacos

Wait..Is this seriously going to have its own version of the creation kit? Can I please see a link or some proof? If this is true my expectations of this game just went through the roof, and I already am set to buy it on Tuesday.

Wait..Is this seriously going to have its own version of the creation kit? Can I please see a link or some proof? If this is true my expectations of this game just went through the roof, and I already am set to buy it on Tuesday.

See page 8, no SDK for Kingdoms of Amalur

As for the demo, the gameplay's fun but the art direction just isn't appealing to me.