Tes5Edit not working

klingongal

Anyone ever heard of this? I downloaded the latest version of Tes5Edit, and tried to put it in the appropriate place....

This PC > OS (C:) > Program File (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > common

unzipped and put in file folder Tes5Edit3_1_3

Made shortcut to desktop

Clicked on shortcut

Get a message: This app can't run on your PC.

?????????

Windows 10....I don't get it, it ran on my old computer with 10, why won't it run on my laptop with 10? Any clues or suggestions?

• 2 months later...

I get a similar error. Upon extracting it gives me a whole list of diagnostic messages.

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add enable parent to the refs of specific base object.pas

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add prefix or suffix to Editor ID.pas

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add Prefix Plus Name To EDID.pas! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add enable parent to the refs of specific base object.pas

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add prefix or suffix to Editor ID.pas

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add Prefix Plus Name To EDID.pas

and so on...

with the last two lines as:

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in TES5Edit.exe

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Error - operation failed

Basically, it has failed to extract for some bizarre reason. I even tried saving the zip file on the desktop and extracting, other folders with no luck.

Am i doing something wrong?

• 1 month later...

I get a similar error. Upon extracting it gives me a whole list of diagnostic messages.

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add enable parent to the refs of specific base object.pas

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add Prefix Plus Name To EDID.pas! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add enable parent to the refs of specific base object.pas

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in Edit Scripts\Add Prefix Plus Name To EDID.pas

and so on...

with the last two lines as:

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Unknown method in TES5Edit.exe

! D:\Games\The Elder Scrolls V - Skyrim - Legendary Edition\TES5Edit\TES5Edit 3.1.3.7z: Error - operation failed

Basically, it has failed to extract for some bizarre reason. I even tried saving the zip file on the desktop and extracting, other folders with no luck.

Am i doing something wrong?

Same Situation. Could you solved it? Maybe updating the winrar app...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...