Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, good thread idea.

I have two, actually..

One is a horse whistle mod that will give you a shout to call for your horse and your character will do a whistle animation. To obtain the whistle, you have to talk to NPC's and "practice".

The other one is a glitched out hair, and the meshes are incorrectly installed.

picture attached.

Edited by CookieSalesman

Wow, good thread idea.

I have two, actually..

One is a horse whistle mod that will give you a shout to call for your horse and your character will do a whistle animation. To obtain the whistle, you have to talk to NPC's and "practice".

The other one is a glitched out hair, and the meshes are incorrectly installed.

picture attached.

you're talking about Convenient Horses for the whistle

@Mookeylama

My mod Unique Races has the capability to have unique body shapes by race for both male & female. However, I restricted my mod to unique underwear options as far as my work goes. You can use different nude body types if you wanted. You will have to do a little manual effort to place the bodies you want (if they differ from what I offer)

Unique Everything (out earlier than mine) goes further and allows for different skeletons & animations on a per race basis. This mod too requires some manual effort.

There is Custom Races which takes ALL npcs and removes them from the default playable races and assigns them to several "sub races" thus giving the player a unique look AND the npc's a unique look.

The last one may be more of what you are looking for and at a quick glance appears to be compatible with my mod as well.

hey thanks! Custom Races can effect NPCs?! i had no idea. used it last game for my player race. i basically just want the generic NPCs to have a lil variety. like getting attacked by a muscular bandit, fat bandit, and a skinny one. there's plenty of mods for the followers or even new followers but i want so variety in the no name npcs. so Custom Race can do that, and they can wear different clothing meshes?

If I read everything correctly, I think their meshes are different. Whether or not changes are as drastic as muscular/fat/skinny I do not know.

thanks again! think i'm gonna try Unique Everything. it seems to have some armor & outfits that'll work with it. i can see how Custom Races might allow for different bodies for races, but i'm not sure how i'd get outfits to work with it. i just hope UE will let me use Nuska's faces. i need to look into this Body Slide. i don't even know what it is. is it a mod, or a program like the CK?

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/16787

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/10111

there's ^ a couple that might be nice. diverse enemies and chubby folk lol.

Good evening t'all,

Say, I've been playing for a while up to the point where I'm not actually looking for in-game storyline anymore as the remaining quests are so... radiant-like (boring)... It'd take something massive to bring me back to Skyrim, something like... modding the off-limit areas. Is there any way possible to exploit these lands vaguely designed by Bethesda, around Vvardenfell and Cyrodiil ? For what I know those cells don't appear in the creation kit. Well, chances are that's not possible at all, but I'd rather ask than fantasize about it being likely or not...

Thanks for any reply, and my apologies if that's been discussed before. I've been looking into the threads for an hour but no sign of it.

I am wondering if there's a mod that makes your followers FASTER...

I always outrun my NPCs for no goddamn reason. Turning around every minute to see that they've hardly started running from our previous starting point, and sometimes I find them idling in some nowhere place on the road when i've told them to follow AND THEY DONT.

Why does this happen!? I need something to fix it, any recommendations? Please? :)

Hi all,

As far as I know, the official UMP beast texture has some problem.

Though UNP Khajiit and Argonian Hotfix fixed the issue for ankles, the Argonian body texture still looks bad.

I wonder if there are good UNP textures for Khajiit and Argonian?

Seems i started a thread for this sorry should have read this post first so i have just added in here

Sorry if this has been asked many times, I have been away skyrim for a while, my friend said he had a mod that improve graphic performance but he could not remember what it was called.

It would be great if people could share the best graphic mod, the only one i have at the moment is the new DLC HD maps pack.

I have just started the game again with the two DLC so i thought it would be the best time to mod

thanks in advance for your help.