Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Hi there o/

I'm looking for a mod which changes how your character looks after sheathing your weapons.

I've decided to make a serious character (like really knuckle down and play the game without restarting all the time, lol) and I've decided to go for a dual-axe-wielding Orcish horror; what I would like to see is more than one weapon shown (preferably all those I have chosen to equip), in this case, I'd like to see two axes on my belt instead of just one (one on either side) and my bow + arrows placed across my back; I've downloaded Fur Bag as well to give my character a bit more immersion so if the mod is compatible with that then :thumbsup:

Anyone know of a mod like this?

Thanks,

Seb

Armed to the Teeth

and there is also DSpSoB - Dual Sheath plus Shields on Back

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have the extra creatures mod that adds all kinds of new enemies, its awesome. But now I have crazy demonic monsters walking down well traveled roads.. not too realistic. Crazy demonic monsters should be found deep in the wilderness and dungeons, not on the road 30 feet outside Riften lol.

Is there any kind of mod that makes creatures spawn farther away from roads and towns? Like the higher the creature level, the deeper into the wilderness it is found?

I was going to try a mod that removes level scaling and makes all enemies and items exist at the start, but didn't want to if spawns are going to be completely random.

Also, is there a mod that makes forests thicker, especially away from roads? (More trees, logs, more bushs and grass, ect...) I found bigger trees, which is AWESOME, but not quiet what I was looking for.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

Hi there o/

I'm looking for a mod which changes how your character looks after sheathing your weapons.

I've decided to make a serious character (like really knuckle down and play the game without restarting all the time, lol) and I've decided to go for a dual-axe-wielding Orcish horror; what I would like to see is more than one weapon shown (preferably all those I have chosen to equip), in this case, I'd like to see two axes on my belt instead of just one (one on either side) and my bow + arrows placed across my back; I've downloaded Fur Bag as well to give my character a bit more immersion so if the mod is compatible with that then :thumbsup:

Anyone know of a mod like this?

Thanks,

Seb

Armed to the Teeth

and there is also DSpSoB - Dual Sheath plus Shields on Back

Armed to the Teeth didn't work me at all (?), but DSpSoB works perfectly; thank you! You're my new favourite person, lol :P

I'm looking for a mod that can turn on/off the visibility of helmets. Helmets give defense and set bonuses, but I prefer how my character looks without a helmet.

This one makes all helmets, masks, and hats invisible -- SkyJub's Invisible Helmets

This one lets you toggle their visibility -- Helmet toggle - Show Hide

This one, which I spent extra time looking for because I think it's the best option, automatically equips and unequips your helmet when you draw and sheath you weapon/spells. -- Auto Unequip Helmet

thanks! :thumbsup:

i recall having a mod that causes spell power to scale directly with skill levels without modifying perks. anyone know where to find it?

also, will this mod affect NPCs if i use ASIS?

Is this what you're looking for? Skill-Based Damage and Magnitude Multipliers

I don't really know if ASIS will make it affect NPCs, but it actually doesn't matter if ASIS would do it, because the mod itself does it (it says it's configurable, so I'm not sure if that means you can shut it off for NPCs or just define how much it affects them. I think the latter.)

i recall having a mod that causes spell power to scale directly with skill levels without modifying perks. anyone know where to find it?

also, will this mod affect NPCs if i use ASIS?

Is this what you're looking for? Skill-Based Damage and Magnitude Multipliers

I don't really know if ASIS will make it affect NPCs, but it actually doesn't matter if ASIS would do it, because the mod itself does it (it says it's configurable, so I'm not sure if that means you can shut it off for NPCs or just define how much it affects them. I think the latter.)

its not quite it. the mod im looking for is for spells only - i use ACE to get the weapons to work. the mod im looking for has a few options that make spells do anywhere from x2 damage at skill 100, to x5 at skill 100. it modifies alteration and conjuration durations, and restoration magnitude also, if i recall correctly. basically, im looking for a replacement to MoM so i can use different magic perk mods.

also, id prefer if the mods DID affect NPCs. just some that add wacky perks or scripts dont properly. the mod im talking about i dont think does use perks, its just a straight .esp if i recall.

Hi there detectives

I am using mods like Realistic Lighting, ENB, Dynamic Shadows, Further Darker Dungeons for ENB. So night time, and interiors tend to be what I believe is a realist darkness, to the point that Torches and Night Eye are a must.

I am looking for a mod that effects Night Eye. Currently I believe night eye is to overpowering. There isn't any reason not to use Night Eye all the time when in the dark, it doesn't really have any drawbacks.

So I am looking for a night eye mod that gives disadvantages to Night Eye. Heck, something that just makes almost everything blurry except for a very small area in the middle would be great, makes it useful to see what is ahead, but not something you would want on all of the time.t So any help to find a mod that gives disadvantages for Night Eye would be great. Here is something I am thinking about http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/14917 What I would prefer from that mod is Dark Effect with a small viewable area. But I would like to see other mods that give Night Eye a disadvantage.