Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want to ask, when NMM uninstalls mods does it do it properly, without leaving any scripts or stuff behind? i installed and uninstalled a lot of mods so i'm asking if i should just reinstal it again to be safe or if it's ok and it doesn't make any problems.

i want to ask, when NMM uninstalls mods does it do it properly, without leaving any scripts or stuff behind? i installed and uninstalled a lot of mods so i'm asking if i should just reinstal it again to be safe or if it's ok and it doesn't make any problems.

NMM removes all the files installed by any one particular mod installed through NMM. It even keeps track of files that are overwritten in the case of mods that modify the same file(s). Whenever NMM removes a mod, it always ensures that the correct files for the remaining mods are still in place and within the correct order (by install date)

Example:

Mod A modifies File Z

Mod B modifies File Z

Mod C modifies File Z

Mod B is removed. Since Mod C is latest installed the file is untouched.

Mod C is removed next. Because Mod B was also removed, Mod A's version gets placed back into the game for use.

Do note that that is only for files and not for individual records within ESP/ESM files themselves.

Long story short, so long as you install with NMM it will uninstall properly. Keeping your save game intact is a different story and has nothing to do with what NMM does. NMM's focus is keeping your game install proper.

NMM removes all the files installed by any one particular mod installed through NMM. It even keeps track of files that are overwritten in the case of mods that modify the same file(s). Whenever NMM removes a mod, it always ensures that the correct files for the remaining mods are still in place and within the correct order (by install date)

Example:

Mod A modifies File Z

Mod B modifies File Z

Mod C modifies File Z

Mod B is removed. Since Mod C is latest installed the file is untouched.

Mod C is removed next. Because Mod B was also removed, Mod A's version gets placed back into the game for use.

Do note that that is only for files and not for individual records within ESP/ESM files themselves.

Long story short, so long as you install with NMM it will uninstall properly. Keeping your save game intact is a different story and has nothing to do with what NMM does. NMM's focus is keeping your game install proper.

ok then, ty for the info

I'm looking for a 360 degree camera. I want to make video of skyrim, and i want my character to be able to run towards the camera. I'm aware that a body mod has one included, but I'm not using that body type, So I need a seperate mod to allpow for this.

I've searched and searched, and i can't find anything like this in the categories.

Can y'all help a newbie out?