⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am currently looking for a mod that can spawn a randomized enemy encounter when you request it. I have the ASIS mod and DFB Random Encounters, but all they do is spawn an encounter over a random period of time instead of instantly.

I know I can spawn enemies through console commands, but I want the encounter to be automatically randomized by the game instead of by myself manually.

I am looking to create a scenario where I am in a certain area or building and I need to defend myself by calling for the game to generate a wave of enemies to attack me in that spot.

I would greatly appreciate the help, thanks in advance!

Check out Tundra Defense http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22330/?

You get to build your own little town, add guards with whatever gear you want them to have, and can spawn raids by bandits, draugr, vampires, or even dragons. The raids can also be set to happen randomly. A good empty space to build up your town is just east of the cave that leads to the dawnguard fort. If you don't have dawnguard it is north east of the vigilant's outpost found east of riften.

Edited by nhackett

Hello,

I'm looking for :

1) Some retextures for apocrypha, the only relevant mod I could find was : http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/36222/?

But it's just a small improvement for books, there is still a lot to be done I think.

2) HD textures for the Dark brotherhood ("shrouded") armor, I only found some replacer ("Spooky edit" and "deadly serious") but those are far way from the quality of other armor texture mod I use.

Cheers

I remember seeing a mod on the Nexus, a long long time ago, that made bound weapons use the model of the actual weapon like in Oblivion so they weren't a glowing, ghostly distraction right in front of your face. Anyone know where I can find it or another like it? I've searched through everything using the word "bound" and didn't see anything. :c

But glowy swords are awesum!

Actually, this should be very simple to make: It's just a matter of replacing the bound weapon assets with the regular daedric ones, which can be done without the CK. I learned this when I tried to replace the bound sword with a different model only to find that the etheral effect is part of the files, so I just ended up summoning a regular-looking sword.

reposting from another thread. (misplaced)

Hope I'm putting this in the right place.

I have a request I'm hopeful someone can assist with.

Playing as a mage, and an assassin, I've just received Shadowmere. First time in a long time I've actually used a horse and was somewhat disappointed that I couldn't cast spells while mounted. Did a search and found this mod, but it's long been abandoned, and from what I've read, doesn't appear to consume magicka, and you cannot aim your spells.

Anyone able to possibly take this on?

If not this mod in particular, perhaps something from scratch...if it's not too much trouble.

Sorry if this has already been asked before, but is there a mod that allows the player to talk his way from battles against intelligent targets (bandits, soldiers, thiefs, etc.)? Like, when confronted by a group of bandits, one of them first confronts you in a dialogue, demanding you to surrender/ hand over your gold/ demand to know your intent. You could then try to persuade/ intimate them to let you pass. If you succeed, you may try to further affect the bandit; you might try to get thrmselves to turn themselves in/ stop their life of crime/ hand over THEIR gold/ Make them into your followers.

I don't know, I might be asking too much here. I would just like to use a non-lethal, immersive way to avoid some battles alltogether, one that doesn't depend on me spamming the Calm-spell, or beating them within an inch of their life for them to Yield. I'd love the idea of my Priest character talking a whole group of bandits to give over their life of crime and start anew, maybe with some gold given by my Priest. Or my Vampire to scare them into her Followers by intimidation.

But either way, if anything like that does exists, even if it's not as detailed as I described, I would very much like to know about it. I know some people would love that kind of pacifist approach, and even more would love to manipulate people like that without spells.

Hey all,

My brother saw this Mod on a video on Youtube but can't find it anymore.

It's a mod to have multiple characters inside the same game. Apparently there's a shrine where you go in to switch between characters. And your other Characters become NPCs in the open world.

Has anyone heard of this?

Unikatze,

You are most likely talking about the Familiar Faces mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/54509/?

This mod allows the player characters to be saved seperately, and then to be included as npc's that you may take as followers for another character, or fight them, you decide. More info on the mod page.

Edited by bringerofdoom1