Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Looking for a Mod that doesent absorb Souls from the Undead like Ghosts or Draugr or Skeletons or Vampires or Summoned Creatures or Raised Dead Creatures/People, not sure if theres one though

Deon't exist, wouldn't make sense. Also would be script heavy as every time a creature dies with soul trap on, it would have to check what race just died to decide if it should apply the soul capture effect.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone knows a mod that Replaces serana's armor look?

i'm looking for a replacer or an HD texture one NOT a mod that makes me change serana's vampire armor to whatever i want

the more options i find the better :blush:

And i don't want anything skimpy , just the good looking possible vampire armor mods

also anyone knows a mod to replace hoods in skyrim?

so they won't be hiding half of the NPC/character face

or should i just look for a mod that removes serana's hood?

I am pretty sure the mod Seranaholic has many options you can use.

If not please specify what do you mean exactly by "armor look?"

Do you want a CBBE or UNP conversion?

Or do you want a retexture or this one?

New armor? More details in future pls :wink:

anyone knows a mod that Replaces serana's armor look?

i'm looking for a replacer or an HD texture one NOT a mod that makes me change serana's vampire armor to whatever i want

the more options i find the better :blush:

And i don't want anything skimpy , just the good looking possible vampire armor mods

also anyone knows a mod to replace hoods in skyrim?

so they won't be hiding half of the NPC/character face

or should i just look for a mod that removes serana's hood?

I am pretty sure the mod Seranaholic has many options you can use.

If not please specify what do you mean exactly by "armor look?"

Do you want a CBBE or UNP conversion?

Or do you want a retexture or this one?

New armor? More details in future pls :wink:

well, i didn't install any body mods but i used seranaholic which changes serana's body only to what body mod would do and i chose CBBE,also seranaholic doesn't have any option regarding the armor

by armor look i mean something lore-friendly maybe different than the vanilla i guess the retextured one you've linked is the best choice out there but can i mix it with the CBBE conversion one? note that the CBBE conversion mod requires having THE CBBE mod which i don't think i'd install in my game

anyways thanks for the links really appreciate your help

Looking for a Mod that doesent absorb Souls from the Undead like Ghosts or Draugr or Skeletons or Vampires or Summoned Creatures or Raised Dead Creatures/People, not sure if theres one though

Deon't exist, wouldn't make sense. Also would be script heavy as every time a creature dies with soul trap on, it would have to check what race just died to decide if it should apply the soul capture effect.

This can actually be achieved many ways without any performance loss.

The Soul Trap script could be modified to ignore various creatures. If you wanted to make it a quicker process, you could add the relevant creatures to a formlist and simply check that the affected creature isn't in the formlist. Very quick check with no noticeable effect on FPS.

If you just mean to not absorb the souls of undead, then all undead have a keyword to mark them as such (which is what prevents healing effects from working on them). Simply make the script ignore victims with that keyword.

Make note of the fact that there are already various things that can't be soul trapped: machines (and others). They achieve this by adding the keyword NoSoulTrap to those races. Simply adding that keyword to the undead creatures would make it impossible to soul trap them, but unfortunately, this wouldn't work with raised creatures.

However, the best way (and the way I would do it) is just to add the condition to ignore ActorTypeUndead to the magic effects which soul trap. This is the same way machines and other NoSoulTrap creatures are ignored.

Do you use Acquisitive Soul Gems or any other mod like it which affects the Soul Trap spell or adds new soul trap spells? If not, then I can have this mod uploaded later today. If you use Acquisitive Soul Gems, I'd suggest asking bluedanieru if he would want to add that as an option (I may try to handle it if he doesn't want to or is too busy). If you have a mod which adds new Soul Trap spells, they'll need a compatibility patch.

As for whether or not it makes sense, that's not an objective thing. It could make sense if you consider the fact that a soul gem typically captures the soul of a living creature, and undead are not living creatures. Or consider the fact that they may be sustained through the use of magic rather than their own soul (such as skeletons and other reanimated undead) rather than a soul of their own.

Looking for a Mod so Merchants goods arent so over priced

Trade and Barter is probably a bit more complicated than you need, but it should do the trick. I've never had any issues with it, so in my experience, it's very stable. It's intended to make things more expensive, but it can just as easily go the other way.

Thanks for that, but that Trade and Barter Mod seems to have way to many features, i just want a simple tweak so Merchants are Cheaper please and welcome back, im playing a New Game and im still using the Auto Perk Mod, works like Magic and im Loving it to Bits. BEST MOD EVA :D

Im not using any Soul Gem Mods, so go ahead and thanks :D

Edited by daventry

So I just installed Dual Wield Parrying Reimplementation and it's fantastic. It got me to thinking though,

Is there a mod that makes it so that when I am blocking I can press run or another button and start moving forward without the greatly reduced speed? I like the initial quickstop, but after it I would like to be able to keep holding block and speed up again somehow.

Ideally I would like it if when I am holding dual daggers I can use the Block key to perform a quickstop when I see a 2 handed attack winding up, and then once the opponents attack is past the midway point, rush forward while still holding block, and then quickly stab them with the non blocking dagger.

As much as part of me wants to think "why not just have myself not slow down when blocking with daggers period" another part of me recognizes the value in having a quick stop button that's easy to access. Especially once Tamriel Online gets rolling, if I am charging you with a 2 handed sword for an overhand-forward attack you're going to want the quickstop so that you can then power attack while holding right with your dagger to get out of the way!

Thanks for that, but that Trade and Barter Mod seems to have way to many features, i just want a simple tweak so Merchants are Cheaper please and welcome back, im playing a New Game and im still using the Auto Perk Mod, works like Magic and im Loving it to Bits. BEST MOD EVA :D

Im not using any Soul Gem Mods, so go ahead and thanks :D

Thanks for suggesting it. I actually still use it myself haha.

For the cheaper economy mod, I've uploaded a new file to do that. It currently makes it really cheap, but it's VERY simple to change. Let me know if you want it to be a bit more expensive. It only requires editing a single game setting. You could do that in-game with the console if you want to find the right balance for you, but the console changes aren't saved, so the only way to make it stick is with a mod. All you have to do is find a merchant, use the console and use these commands.

SetGS fBarterMin 2.0

SetGS fBarterMax 3.3

2.0 and 3.3 are the original values. The mod lowers 3.3->1.0. The selling prices are about doubled while the buying prices are cut by 2/3rds. Lowering either one lowers the buy/sell prices. If you find a different set of values you want, let me know and I'll upload it for you.

The Soul Trap mod is here. Sorry for the delay. I apparently lied when I said later that day...

Let me know if either one has problems.

Edited by Xander9009