⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

Is there a mod (or console command) that will help me locate unlooted corpses? For example, put them on the compass, or turn on a wisp to lead me to the nearest one, or make corpses send up a blue smoke signal or something?

I run with multiple followers, and sometimes they'll chase off somebody or something and kill it out of sight and I have no idea I've missed it, or sometimes a bigger battle will have me running all over the place and I can't find all the bodies afterwards because they fell over a cliff or slid into a river or something, or there might be a place with several skeletons killed all on top of each other and its hard to tell if I've looted them all.

Losing corpses in tall grass is only a part of the problem.

TIA

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, is this the place where I can ask people if they know some mods I search (not a mod request, but I don't know if this mod exist). If you don't understand what I say, I search an armor mod for my alchemist (he's not a basic alchemist, he uses alchemic bombs, arrows and DB spiders), but I can't find a great one, so I would like to know if you guys know any?

If it's not the right place, where should I go?

(apologies for my probably horrible English)

EDIT: My alchemist is a female argonian, so I'm looking for something female and beast-race compatible

Edited by Darked0

Quick question: are there any mods that allow you to repurpose and take over part of a Dwemer ruin as a player home/room? A few ruins have surprisingly intact rooms and furniture, and it wouldn't take much effort to make them livable since most Dwemer ruins are set to never respawn (and thus storage is supposedly safe by default).

If you just want to set a home, use Guild Starter. Or a similar mod that sets an area as "home" such as My Home is Your Home. Or Homestead. Or Spouses can live anywhere.

If you want a home that is dwemer style, there are several homes on the Nexus. Type either "dwemer" or "dwarven" and be sure to choose the category Abodes- Player home. There are at least 8 and a few even have video previews like Dwarven Falls

have fun!

Hey guys, is this the place where I can ask people if they know some mods I search (not a mod request, but I don't know if this mod exist). If you don't understand what I say, I search an armor mod for my alchemist (he's not a basic alchemist, he uses alchemic bombs, arrows and DB spiders), but I can't find a great one, so I would like to know if you guys know any?

If it's not the right place, where should I go?

(apologies for my probably horrible English)

EDIT: My alchemist is a female argonian, so I'm looking for something female and beast-race compatible

Hello!

To make any armor look like alchemist you can wear Potion Vials and Books. Two Mods do this. First is: Bandolier

Second requires Bandolier but works a bit different Functional Bags.

There are a lot of magical/alchemy style armor but I don't know which look best on Argonian female. This website has a list of a lot of witch/ alchemy/ druid mods. https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/24z38q/skyrim_witchery_magical_artifacts_environments

Is there a mod (or console command) that will help me locate unlooted corpses? For example, put them on the compass, or turn on a wisp to lead me to the nearest one, or make corpses send up a blue smoke signal or something? I run with multiple followers, and sometimes they'll chase off somebody or something and kill it out of sight and I have no idea I've missed it, or sometimes a bigger battle will have me running all over the place and I can't find all the bodies afterwards because they fell over a cliff or slid into a river or something, or there might be a place with several skeletons killed all on top of each other and its hard to tell if I've looted them all. Losing corpses in tall grass is only a part of the problem. TIA

It doesn't distinguish whether a body has loot, but my Minor Spells mod has a Detect Corpse spell. I use it to find those dead bodies which have an annoying tendency to get lost in my game too. The range is reasonably large but if it's a really big battle or the body has been swept down the river you'll still have to do a little exploring. Fortunately the spell is cheap enough that even non-mages and starting characters can use it.

Quick question: are there any mods that allow you to repurpose and take over part of a Dwemer ruin as a player home/room? A few ruins have surprisingly intact rooms and furniture, and it wouldn't take much effort to make them livable since most Dwemer ruins are set to never respawn (and thus storage is supposedly safe by default).

If you just want to set a home, use Guild Starter. Or a similar mod that sets an area as "home" such as My Home is Your Home. Or Homestead. Or Spouses can live anywhere.

If you want a home that is dwemer style, there are several homes on the Nexus. Type either "dwemer" or "dwarven" and be sure to choose the category Abodes- Player home. There are at least 8 and a few even have video previews like Dwarven Falls

have fun!

I have seen plenty of dwemer homes, yes.

For some reason, the good ones all use NORD furniture, with a few exceptions that are however too buggy to use (or, in the case of the Dwemer Aquarium, have so many load screens they can cause major crashes). Not sure why the insistence on using Nord stuff when there's perfectly usable Dwemer decor available - chairs, beds, containers, etc...

It kind of defeats the point if all that's dwemer in a house is the walls. One of the big complaints I have with Vlindrel Hall, in fact...

Dwarven Falls looks nice though... might give it a try.

Edited by Dragonsthorn

Dear Community,

I am looking for a certain magic mmod that adds poison spells into the destruction tree. One particular spell is called "Plague" and can be seen in the following Video at 2:49 on youtube.

screenshot

The mods presented are not related to the spell and I can't find that one anywhere - I have been looking for 3 days inside the Nexus, Google, Youtube etc. There is plenty of magic mods that add tons of spells or changes (usually called improvements) to magic gameplay. I enjoy vanilla Skyrim a lot and I have been plaing for a long ime on xbox - so there were no mods.
It feels like I am a little late to the party... Does anybody know the mod that adds that spell?
Or do You have alternatives for that? Thank You.

I saw the mod once but it was horribly early when my computer could barely play this game.

Now I have a stronger machine but can't find the mod nor remember where where I saw it before. (it was featured in a youtube vid if that helps)

The mod in essence used souls as an extra life system.

You get killed, it would use the soul to revive you. Going to try to put down all I remember.

You collect filled grand soul gems. I don't know if it had to be black soul gems or just grand. It didn't use dragon souls I don't think. In order for it to work. You had to go to a specific place and sacrifice the filled gems to an tablet or alter and it would keep count of the number sacrificed. Those amounted to your extra lives. Your hp gets wiped and you go through an animation before you get back up having used one of those stored lives.

That is as about as clear as I can remember it. For the life of me, I cannot remember what this was called or find it. My search foo is far too weak for this task.