Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

You're quite the mod scholar :smile:

Thank you for the suggestions. Campfire didn't offer construction of items like mannequins and bookshelves. I'm not interested in just buying stuff; I want to craft it, so Atronach Crossing and Furnishings are out. That leaves Woodcutter. I started trying to make an item I wanted. It said that to create a 1.25x10 log, I needed a 1.25x20 log. I then looked through the items at the sawhorse, both available and unavailable, and 1.25x20 wasn't there, so... Not investing time in that mod ^^

If there are any other mods where I can craft mannequins and bookshelves I'd love to know about it!

It just happens that you're looking for something I've looked into doing myself in the past. :laugh: Though it has been a while, hence why I didn't recall the problems with mannequins and bookshelves SmedleyDButler mentioned.

Yeah, the bad thing about Woodcutter is it wants you to spend time cutting down trees to get various sizes of logs. That works okay, but it can be time consuming and nothing really tells you what kind of logs you're going to get from various sizes of trees.

Another mod for building furniture that I forgot to mention before and you might consider is Hearthfire Extended. It does a lot of other stuff to the cellars which can be a downside, but it also lets you build a Carpenter's Workbench you can place anywhere and use to build individual furniture pieces. This building method is more in line with the Hearthfire system.

Aside from that, you'll probably only find whole cellar replacements or add ons. Oh, I think Hearthfire Custom Basements is the one I mentioned before that duplicates the house wings below ground. I just now stumbled on it again.

• Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the bad thing about Woodcutter is it wants you to spend time cutting down trees to get various sizes of logs. That works okay, but it can be time consuming and nothing really tells you what kind of logs you're going to get from various sizes of trees.

Just to reiterate: The thing I needed to craft a necessary item didn't even exist. So the mod logic was completely broken. Too bad on such a cool idea, and the dude obviously put tons of work into it, and then it just doesn't work.

Anyway, I'm trying out Custom Basement now. It seems like it's gonna serve my needs well enough.

Edited by Ucmh

So Custom Basement got me a library! I would've liked to be able to jam pack my armory with sets of exotic armors, but I guess I'll settle for a few.

NEW REQUEST: Nifty inventory management. I wanna be able to use "drop all" on my active inventory category, so I don't have to unload all my ingredients into my satchel one by one. Ideally, I would also be able to make area selections with my mouse that select several items in my inventory, and be able to drop those.

Try Auto Sell Junk.. It adds buttons to do things like:

1. transfer all items in one category to a container;
  2. transfer all the items in your inventory that match items found in a container;
  3. transfer the selected item and the other ones above it on the inventory list, and more.

Unfortunately, it is outdated, and the supposed replacement mod doesn't exist anymore. Skyrim immediately gave me an error message when I opened a menu. Still playable after the error, but I'd rather not play through the game like that, and it's risky to trust that it will last the rest of the game without breaking down. The "stash all in category" function was nice, though.

Was there a mod that added a pickup and equip script to NPC's at some point? I know there is one for food; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74889 and one for forcing NPC's to sleep https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/82441 but I can't remember if there was one that forced NPC's to pick up and wear nearby armor or opened their inventory and allowed you to equip them with something.