Skyrim - Mod Detectives Thread

buddah

I'm looking for some good sword shooting spell mod.

Something that behaves like the Ice Spike spells, shooting the sword out, which then gets stuck in objects and NPCs and stays there for a while.

So far what I've found:

-Unlimited Blade Works: The Blade Works power is really meh and the Unlimited Blade Works power is just not for ranged characters at all.

-Colorful magic: It has three such spells but Throw Knife is just too weak, Avenger's Blade doesn't deal any damage for some reason, and Blade Storm is a Master level spell.(also those damn long cast times on everything is just getting on my nerves)

-Oddball Arrow Shoot-A-Sword: pretty fun idea in a good direction but it's just a replacer for the iron arrow instead of a separate item at least.

Is there anything else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know of a mod which includes basic hand wraps among all the mods out there. Leather would be best, but I can make coarse cloth work. Here's some examples of what would be ideal:

maxresdefault.jpg

43c6183205309996b3ccec9eb99e2b63--hallow

I've seen a fair number of mods and vanilla objects which have wraps covering the forearm (e.g. Craftable Glove Alternatives, Playable Bandages, Wearable Arm Bandages, vanilla Ancient Nord Armour), and of course there are mods which add half gloves (e.g. Half Gloves of Skyrim) but nothing on the hands ONLY. I've tried using Outfit Studio to delete the arm portions of some of those meshes, but they just cut off unnaturally, so the texture looks wrong and an empty gap is created around the wrist where mesh is missing (not the skin - that's fine. I mean the wraps).

Fallout New Vegas has the Boxing Tape, which is basically ideal, but I understand that conversions of FO3/NV armours don't work for hands and arms, unless you're fully exporting them in and out of Blender (which I can't do - I can do quite a bit in Outfit Studio, but that's about my limit).

Any ideas?

I'd really like an armory AND a library in my Windstad Manor. I'd really like to be able to customize how many of an item to put in a wing of my manor and where to put them, and to be able to remove present ones. Alas, Bethesda.

Is there a mod for it? I tried "Home Construction and Decoration" but it didn't do it.

I'd really like an armory AND a library in my Windstad Manor. I'd really like to be able to customize how many of an item to put in a wing of my manor and where to put them, and to be able to remove present ones. Alas, Bethesda.

Is there a mod for it? I tried "Home Construction and Decoration" but it didn't do it.

Sort of, if you want to sacrifice one of the other wings. I mean, you could build the storage or trophy wing structure, for example, but avoid building any of its contents (other than maybe lights). Then fill it with armory or library furniture from a mod.

As for the furniture to fill it, you may want to look into Jaxonz Furnishings, Woodcutter, Atronach Crossing, and Campfire. All of them deal with building furniture (well, not Jaxonz - it just lets you buy rather than build). I recommend looking at all of them to decide what you want, because each has some things the others don't. There are a couple of separate add-on mods for Campfire that may also be of use, for crafting trophies and planters.

For positioning and removing furniture, look at Jaxonz Positioner and/or Cobb Positioner.

There's also a mod that lets you build duplicate wings of the house in the cellar, but I don't recall the name of it off hand. That's another way you could get both library and armory.

Sort of, if you want to sacrifice one of the other wings. I mean, you could build the storage or trophy wing structure, for example, but avoid building any of its contents (other than maybe lights). Then fill it with armory or library furniture from a mod.

As for the furniture to fill it, you may want to look into Jaxonz Furnishings, Woodcutter, Atronach Crossing, and Campfire. All of them deal with building furniture (well, not Jaxonz - it just lets you buy rather than build). I recommend looking at all of them to decide what you want, because each has some things the others don't. There are a couple of separate add-on mods for Campfire that may also be of use, for crafting trophies and planters.

For positioning and removing furniture, look at Jaxonz Positioner and/or Cobb Positioner.

There's also a mod that lets you build duplicate wings of the house in the cellar, but I don't recall the name of it off hand. That's another way you could get both library and armory.

You're quite the mod scholar :)

Thank you for the suggestions. Campfire didn't offer construction of items like mannequins and bookshelves. I'm not interested in just buying stuff; I want to craft it, so Atronach Crossing and Furnishings are out. That leaves Woodcutter. I started trying to make an item I wanted. It said that to create a 1.25x10 log, I needed a 1.25x20 log. I then looked through the items at the sawhorse, both available and unavailable, and 1.25x20 wasn't there, so... Not investing time in that mod ^^

If there are any other mods where I can craft mannequins and bookshelves I'd love to know about it!

You're quite the mod scholar :smile:

Thank you for the suggestions. Campfire didn't offer construction of items like mannequins and bookshelves. I'm not interested in just buying stuff; I want to craft it, so Atronach Crossing and Furnishings are out. That leaves Woodcutter. I started trying to make an item I wanted. It said that to create a 1.25x10 log, I needed a 1.25x20 log. I then looked through the items at the sawhorse, both available and unavailable, and 1.25x20 wasn't there, so... Not investing time in that mod ^^

If there are any other mods where I can craft mannequins and bookshelves I'd love to know about it!

Just FYI, bookshelves are items which include scripting, which is why there exist no mods to construct them in-game and also why moving them using a positioner mod will break the item.

Which is basically to let you know that what you're looking for does not, and cannot exist. Mannequins and weapon racks have similar issues and moving them can be troublesome and is not advised.

Edited by SmedleyDButler