Support the Nexus not steem

Randaworgie

Wow, I am surprised to see that much Valve/Steam hate here. I don't see how this could be a problem at all, it is just another(and hopefully more streamlined) way to install mods.

And about the whole "making money off mods thing". First of all, there isn't even any information that mods are gonna cost money(the EULA only say that Steam has the right to, not that Steam is going to). And it is very unlikely that if it will cost money that modders will receive nothing(Valve do have an image to protect). And if modders do receive money for mods on the Workshop, that's great. I see no reason to complain. Mods are a product, you pay to get that product. If anything you should feel lucky that most of the mods are free nowadays, I don't see why some people claim to have the right to receive mods for free.

I gunna go out and say that TF2 indeed has Hats and weapons made by modders you can see polycount pack in manco. shop.

Modders get money from that or from single items if they made them why do you people think this will be any different Or in fact why do you think it's going to have price in it anyway?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should calm the F down, Steam is NOT going to take money for mods.

Simple reason why, the minute u pay for something u are ENTITLED BY LAW to the product u paid for.

Modders dont make finished products by nature, that Quest line with the awesome description might be broken at the end, or crash ur game continuously, or just have large missing sections, it is a MOD, it is NOT a Product, and Valve knows this.

All they are doing is giving beginners a chance to one click install mods, and nexus will still be thriving because all those nudeskins/prostitution/child killing/slavery mods will not be allowed in Steam, and who can live without those...

-Exo

Amazing what gets allowed and what gets criticized...

Anyway, I am replying to the negative post that started this discussion.

Perhaps a calmer head would have simply explained the situation and invited visitors and users to continue their support for NEXUS, as well as supporting any other game-support sites.

Bethesda did not have to open the game to modders, you know; it's their game, and while you can do what you want with you copy of it, they do not have to make any part of the code available, and we should all appreciate the generosity of Bethesda here, and so I for one will definitely support all forms of Skyrim sites.

In the past, when STEAM was just getting going, I was really upset by their approach to presenting programs to users; since then I've turned 180 degrees and applaud them for their attention, support, attitude and the amazing variety of games they have made available under their coverage. They have brought my gaming to an entirely new level, and all the supporting sites that also enhance this gaming experience area supported and appreciated as well. NEXUS is the best site for Bethesda-based game mods, and when the SDK is released, there will be a constant flow of MODS in all directions.

There's room for it all, no one is abandoning anything.

Just passed 10 million copies sold....

More options on DL'ing and modding i see as a good thing.

The fanbase here is loyal enough that this site wont suffer, maybe an inital dip as intrest is tweaked by the workshop.but no more.

And as we all know, a lot of money is invested in this 'product' however lovingly we like to think of it as something more.

I will flit between the two as i dont mind steam that much....been using it since 2004.

If anything this is an opportunity. Seeing as Valve has a history of letting modders work at Valve, this could be great to get noticed.

I agree! Although it's in their interest, but isn't that the point? A company doesn't hire out of charity. I think that getting Valve's attention would be a good thing, since we can't rely on Bethesda enough to pay much damn attention.

Corporations arent doing anything out of generosity...open your eyes.

Exactly, are we believe that Bethesda are taking the time to do this out of the goodness of their hearts? the same Bethesda who couldn't even be bothered to code a functional UI for the PC? yeah right.

The funny thing is, there is only Nexus people who will be reading this. And im pretty sure most of them, if not all will continue to use nexus after the steam workshop is released regardless of them reading this thread or not.

basically there is no point in this thread at all.