Quest Items Build up - any way to fix this??

etherdose

Ok...

I have used a few different 'Non Quest' switch mods, but they don't seem to work since I have the newer version of Shivering Isle. I have some damned keys and written stuff that just won't leave...(like the mod that gives you Horde Armor...and it's official....yet the damn horse armor note just wont disappear because it's a quest item.) What if I will never want a horse??? lol....

thanks to anyone who responds with something meaningful...

There are two ways to get rid of quest items, neither needs a mod. The first, as LFact said, is SetQuestObject <FormID> 0 for if you want to keep the item because you are a pack rat, just not in your inventory :P . The other is Player.RemoveItem <FormID> <number> which completely removes it from the game. To enter these, open the console with ~. To find out the FormID of different items, go to the UESP Wiki.

This is what I use, tried and true.

No More Quest Items

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4810

This should let you drop all quest items, or sell them, or do whatever you want with them. All I did was go into the CS and remove the quest item status from each item. Though, If you were to enchant a quest item it might create a problem and not let you complete the mission but I loathed not being able to control what I could and couldn't drop so, I fixed it.

Ok...tried the mentioned 'No more Quest Items' as said right above this post, and it doesn't work. I have some keys that won't disappear, and as many know when you loot a lot, the in the inventory the better,( no matter the weight..)

lol..... zoiks!

The problem is not with the mod “No More Quest Items.”

I would say that you have a load order problem

Also probably some unresolved mod conflicts

The order in which mods are loaded determines which mod will take precedence in the event of a conflict.

The first thing to check is your load order.

Can you post it here, so we can look at it?

Some of the folks here can tell us what the problem is just by looking at it.

“No More Quest Items,” needs to be loaded after any quest mods in order for it to work.

Are you familiar with OBMM?

AYR…

:smile:

ok....when I get back from spending a Friday night in Reno and watching the Foo Fighters play guitar....(should be Saturday night or Sunday..) I'll check the order. Thank you for your patience... =)

Archived