TESV

ssalt

I am trying to install SKSE and it seems to require TESV.exe and that doesn't exist on my computer. Is it really vital and if so where can I find it, any help here would be gratefully accepted. I do need to tell you that I am not the most computer savy person but I do well for a 67 year old mum, so please explain things in English and carefully lol.

Oh and where do I get TESV please.

The TESV.exe should be in your Skyrim folder. Go to: steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

It's like right near the bottom. If you don't see the .exe it just means your system settings are hiding the known extensions from you, it's not a big deal, it's the same thing. It'll just say TESV instead of TESV.exe.

If you want to know how to show the extensions, you can look it up I guess. I think the steps are a bit different depending on the OS, but I could be wrong.

if I follow this path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Skyrim\TES5Edit) I can find TES5edit.exe ? But in the Skyrim folder there are only 2 folders Data and TES5Edit.exe

I have things set up so all file extensions and folders are showing, I am stuck.

Try checking the integrity of the game cache then. If that doesn't work, I'll try to look into it and see what may be wrong. I'm having trouble wrapping my head around why it would be missing.

Verify Integrity of Game Cache:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

EDIT:

Have you run the game yet at all? If not, run the game once so the game can detect your settings. It's my understanding from what I managed to look up that the TESV.exe is your graphics settings. Assuming that information is correct, letting the games launcher detect your graphics settings (which it does the first time you run the game) should make that TESV.exe show up.

Edited by DaddyDirection

yes I have run the game and got up several levels so I am as confused as you. I will check the integrity using that link and hopefully that will sort it out, if not I will get my son onto it, after all he built this computer..

I did that and it found one file missing but it's not that.

The items that are in the Skyrim folder are all the SKSE files

Data folder

TES5Edit folder

and

Skyrim.Harcoded.keep.this.with.the.exe.and.otherwise.ignore.it.I.really.mean.it.dat

Have you set up your system to not hide files from you? Windows could just be hiding it, because it is impossible for the game to run at all without it. Changing your system properties to not hide known extensions, and show all hidden files seems to be the most common way to fix the problem you're having from what I have read.

You installed skse manually right? (by downloading the .7zip and moving the files in the skyrim folder)

No I downloaded using NMM and now I regret doing that, but even doing that can't remove a file surely?