Making Pickpocketing/Lockpicking Armourr (thieves guild)

xaz6666

Just joined the Thieves Guild, dont like there armour they gave me so I am going to make some more, my enchanting is on 100 and can dual enchant, but I was wondering if the any point to enchanting +40% pickpocketing on 4 items for a 160% boost or does it cap at 100?

Just joined the Thieves Guild, dont like there armour they gave me so I am going to make some more, my enchanting is on 100 and can dual enchant, but I was wondering if the any point to enchanting +40% pickpocketing on 4 items for a 160% boost or does it cap at 100?

From what I heard if you go to far over you actually wind up with a negative skill. *shrugs* I have not tried that myself.

well I have just created a save point, created the armour to give 160% boost to pickpocketing and went to steal something, came out of the jarls pocket removed my ring to give a 120% boost and it only made 1% difference to the overall steal chance.

well I have just created a save point, created the armour to give 160% boost to pickpocketing and went to steal something, came out of the jarls pocket removed my ring to give a 120% boost and it only made 1% difference to the overall steal chance.

What was the steal chance? I really want to be playing a pick pocket character, but I tend to restart to often to run that test :P

Also, do you find the pick pocket perks to be worth it? I mean the very first perk in the tree with 5 or so levels.

not invested in any of the pick pocket perks yet.. probably will do once I start the thieves guild properly. I just want to take advantage of my ability to enchant and smith to give me somewhat more of and edge whilst playing though this part of the story.

the main thing you want pickpocket perks for is that ability to steal equipped stuff. The bonus to steal chance isn't really that great unless you plan to use it for an exploit.

when you buy training, the gold for that goes into the npc's pocket. the steal chance for gold drops dramatically as the amount rises, and i've never gotten a steal chance of higher than 0% on amounts of 1000 gold and above. That is really the only worthwhile thing to do with super pickpocketing skills. you'll get max chance on eveerything else much earlier.

also, get that mod that raises the success chance cap to 99%. 90 is a bit unfair.

not invested in any of the pick pocket perks yet.. probably will do once I start the thieves guild properly. I just want to take advantage of my ability to enchant and smith to give me somewhat more of and edge whilst playing though this part of the story.

Believe me, anything around 25 is more than enough, to make your career in the thieves guild up to the master position. I really miss Oblivion and the Grey Fox.