AMB and Quarl's question

BeingShotAt

I wanted to put in the clothed versions of All Male Bodies Muscular variant, but I can't figure out where to place the files as the readme doesn't say, and I'm starting to feel fairly stupid

Also, Qarl's doesn't seem to do anything even after I activate it with OBMM, is there some setting that I need to use to make those textures apply? I'm using Archive Invalidation Invalidated

Yes, I am patched to full, the esp was activated, etc etc

I have windows 7, what is this UAC the FAQ mentions? Could this be part of my problem?

Edited by BeingShotAt

User Account Control (aka UAC) ... the bane of all Vista and Windows 7 users who accept the default install location of C:\Program Files. Here's a link to your solution ... Oblivion Reinstall Procedure. Don't skimp out on being thorough ... if you don't do the registry cleaning you may regret it when you reinstall. Also note the link near the top if you are a Steam user, at the end of the line "For those who need to move the steam client: How to Move your Steam to another location Without having to reinstall anything".

How exactly does UAC screw up any mods?

simple

it presumes that you are a virus on this computer

and you must be stopped

so everything you do is faked

while it laughs at you

and undoes anything you try to do

Oblivion was developed long before Microsoft came up with the idea for UAC, so it doesn't work well along side UAC. Modern games are designed with UAC in mind and so won't be as adversely affected by it. When you run the vanilla game in the default C:\Program Files UAC doesn't interfere. When you start to run mods (which UAC only sees as something trying to change Oblivion ... something that it misconstrues as virus activity) UAC steps in and 'protects' you from yourself. Get the game installed in C:\Games\Oblivion and you're off to a proper start for installing mods.

A quote from the mod description:

Copy the data folder into your Oblivion directory. Muscular is the default you now have in data\meshes\characters\_male, the directory for the body meshes.

If you want a different version, go to Resource\Body Variants, there's the folders of the different body types, most with cloth and nude subfolders. All body meshes are in \nude, the \cloth folder has the lower body meshes with pants applied. From there copy the files you want to _male. The pants and the circumsized files must be renamed to lowerbody.nif.

I don't use this mod myself, but from what it says I would guess that after you extract the AMB - All Male Bodies download to a temporary folder you'll see a folder named 'Data' and another named 'Resource'. Install the base version that is included in the 'Data' folder and then from the appropriate subfolder off 'Resource\Body Variants' copy the files to your Oblivion install data\meshes\characters\_male folder, overwriting the ones that the default 'Data' folder put there. It sounds like you will need to rename the lower body pants file from 'whatever_its_named_pants_version_lowerbody.nif' to 'lowerbody.nif', either before or after you transfer the file to your game install _male folder.