Could Atmora be the next Elder Scrolls location?

Garnn

I'd think it'd be pretty cool to see Atmora as the setting for the Elder Scrolls game. We have next to no information about it, which gives the devs tons of freedom with creating it. There could possibly be humans there also, since it's where they came from.

Who else wants to see Atmora?

There was a thread discussing this previously. It appears Elyswer and Avakir topped the choice.

Both are exotic in their landscape, culture and biomes. The former is the land of the cat-people with lush jungles and warm sands (desert) as Ri'saad put it.

The latter according to books found in Skyrim is a land of snake-people, cat-people (Not Khajits of Elyswer) with an oriental setting.

Personally I think the next installment of the Elder Scrolls series should be a combination of Black Marsh, Elsweyr, and Valenwood - as far as I know, all three areas border on one another south of Cyrodiil, and I'm really eager to get a look at Elsweyr as a Khajiit player =P

I like the idea of Atmora too. It made it seem like Ysgramor and his companions left Atmora during some sort of crisis. Thousands of years later, maybe the chaos ruined the entire province like Yokuda, or maybe even like made them prosperous after so many years. Why has nobody went back to visit Atmora?

@ the OP, not all humans come from Atmora.

And Atmora wouldn't be interesting since its basically a dead culture.

Hammerfell is probably going to be the next place, since the Redguards were the only people able to stop the spread of the New Empire into their province, the world war will probably be rooted there.

I would also be interested to learn about the Redguards background since we know nothing about them.

I can imagine a neat storyline slowly revealing why Yokuda was sank into the sea akin to the disappearance of the Dwemer.

The possibilities are really endless with it being in Hammerfell.

There really isn't a full storyline that can come from Atmora, as it's old news and it has nothing to do with the current sequence of events.

I like the idea of Atmora too. It made it seem like Ysgramor and his companions left Atmora during some sort of crisis. Thousands of years later, maybe the chaos ruined the entire province like Yokuda, or maybe even like made them prosperous after so many years. Why has nobody went back to visit Atmora?

They didnt leave cuz of a crisis.

they left to explore and migrate.

There really is nothing interesting about Atmora.

The next game needs to be much broader than just one area. A single area gets boring. They need to make the most massive TES game to date for the next one. A bluray disk holds 40gb, they could easily do it and keep the size small enough to fit on a bluray. They could do all of Tamriel and do high level textures and still be under 40gb. Edited by Beriallord