FUSION MAGIC!!!!

simonion

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this would be a cool idea?

Hi this has been a fantasy of mine for a long time but I believe it would be pretty awesome although it would take an heck of a lot of work to make,

FUSION MAGIC!

The idea is that since you can have 2 different spells in your hands and if you have the same spell in both hands you can combine them to achieve a greater effect...

BUT WHAT IF YOU COMBINED 2 DIFFERENT SPELLS???

Couldn't you get a completely new effect then?

Combining a summoning spell with perhaps a lightning spell to create a familiar with an ability to then cause electric damage.

Imagine the endless variations a truly creative mind could conjure and the wacky outcomes it may sometimes lead to.(It would be amazing if sometimes different spells when combined made a completely different effect than expected!)

Would be awesome with new magic effects and animations.

And don't let the fusion simply stop there!

When wielding a sword in one hand and perhaps a fire spell in the other. Combine them to create a sword with fire properties!

Also there the possibilities are endless!

I got the idea from a manga I read a long time ago called "Eureka" in which the main protagonist was a character in a game and he sometimes did these combination spells called Fusion magic which made his battles a lot more interesting since he used a lot more brains than simply nuking everything that moves(Good read btw. Strongly recommended).

So if there are any genius modders out there that would like to make the effort to create a truly dynamic and amazing magic system please do this!

Also I would be really grateful if you then would contact me simply to say you're working on it so I have something truly extraordinary to look forward to.

First, you'd have to nail some of the combinations down though. I have no possible freaking idea what a Lesser Ward and Conjure Flame Atronach would make, and nobody else probably does either. You're going to wind up with a lot of weird or nonsensical combos (Which I suppose you expected, but still).

First, you'd have to nail some of the combinations down though. I have no possible freaking idea what a Lesser Ward and Conjure Flame Atronach would make, and nobody else probably does either. You're going to wind up with a lot of weird or nonsensical combos (Which I suppose you expected, but still).

I know but wouldn't that still be pretty cool???

And it lets the modder get some leeway to make his/her own special spells a part of the system!

An easy way to start this off would be to allow combining of different spells in the same school of magic, like combining Conjure Flame Antorach and Summon Storm Antorach you will get something that is like a combination of both like they are fused together or combining a heal other spell with a heal self spell making a floating ball of light that floats over your head and heals you and anyone near you (either instantly or over time). Things like that, then maybe later move on to combining spells between different schools.

An easy way to start this off would be to allow combining of different spells in the same school of magic, like combining Conjure Flame Antorach and Summon Storm Antorach you will get something that is like a combination of both like they are fused together or combining a heal other spell with a heal self spell making a floating ball of light that floats over your head and heals you and anyone near you (either instantly or over time). Things like that, then maybe later move on to combining spells between different schools.

Yeah that would be awesome. this could probably also be combined with a spell creation system that some have asked for.

But I'm guessing we would have to wait until CK comes out in january before anything like this would even be possible :P

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/FFCCbox.jpg/250px-FFCCbox.jpg

Not to burst your bubble, but this is an old concept. See: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. You could combine any magics to make a totally new magic. And, I could be wrong, because i'm not a total final fantasy fan, but I'm pretty sure the concept was around since before that as well.

THAT BEING SAID. I fully approve and want this mod. It's totally righteous and necessary and we should totally do this.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/72/FFCCbox.jpg/250px-FFCCbox.jpg

Not to burst your bubble, but this is an old concept. See: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. You could combine any magics to make a totally new magic. And, I could be wrong, because i'm not a total final fantasy fan, but I'm pretty sure the concept was around since before that as well.

THAT BEING SAID. I fully approve and want this mod. It's totally righteous and necessary and we should totally do this.

I never said that it hadn't been done before. I have never played crystal chronicles so didn't know this system also existed there. ( I will probably check it out now that I know ^^)

What kind of fusion spells do you think there should be?

It would be awesome if some of the more nonsensical combos such as detect life and conjure dremora could get an equally nonsensical effect such as you conjure a chicken or the dremora attacks you when conjured.

I never said that it hadn't been done before. I have never played crystal chronicles so didn't know this system also existed there. ( I will probably check it out now that I know ^^)

What kind of fusion spells do you think there should be?

It would be awesome if some of the more nonsensical combos such as detect life and conjure dremora could get an equally nonsensical effect such as you conjure a chicken or the dremora attacks you when conjured.

I was just referring to you saying

Hi this has been a fantasy of mine for a long time

I only skimmed your post and didn't read the bit about you getting the idea from Eureka.

Well, in that particular final fantasy, combining spells would be like say fire + ice = gravity. Usually crazy things like this. This doesn't take into account what it should mean to double up on spells as well. What if I want a more intense animation and effects for dual wielding flame spell? Or healing? :

Edited by DannoMustDie