How to delete a quest? Can quests be deleted?

jburrowes

Hello everyone,

If this question has been asked - and it probably has - I could not (easily) find a thread about it.

Can quests I don't want to do be deleted with some console command? I've a miscellaneous quest that involves murder and I don't want to do it with this character. And I don't want to murder the person offering the job to avoid committing the murder - cause that would be murder. (Bandits are fair game though).

I doubt it matters but the quest is called Aventus Aretino.

Thanks for reading this.

how about you just not do the quest?

Because it clutters up the quest log? You may have not noticed but there is currently no way to sort quests right now. It all gets lumped into one gigantic mess of a list that will extend forever if you don't do every quest as you get them. In many cases you don't even have a choice. The quest gets thrust on you simply by walking by some random NPC, or they walk up to you and give you the quest without even asking.

That's the one with the orphanage, right? C'mon, you've seen how that lady is all ape on those kids. Doesn't that make you wanna slice and dice her? Besides, if you have no intention of doing the dark brotherhood stuff,

the following quests give you the option of taking them down.

I know what you mean. I didn't want to do that quest either with my first character... Then I went to the orphanage and saw how that lady abused those kids...

But it should be your prerogative, there is unfortunately no way to remove a quest from the highlighted portion of your journal unless you either complete it or completely botch it.

Some one needs to make a mod that fixes this... Because there are certain quests that I don't want to bother with on specific characters, then my journal ends up being spammed by them.

It would help if there was an actual journal, I have quests in there that I don't remember getting and have no idea why im doing it or who im doing it for. I tried to get some of the miscellaneous cleared last night, I ended up playing follow the arrow for several hours and doing stuff for no other reason but clearing that damn list.

It would help if there was an actual journal, I have quests in there that I don't remember getting and have no idea why im doing it or who im doing it for. I tried to get some of the miscellaneous cleared last night, I ended up playing follow the arrow for several hours and doing stuff for no other reason but clearing that damn list.

The journal is a (bad) joke. The one in Morrowind was great. It looked, and was written, as though you actually wrote it and, more importantly, it had all kinds of details to jog your memory. Why'd they "fix" what wasn't broken?!

I got to level 20 with my first character, who did kill the old hag, mainly just to clear the quest. Stopped playing him not long after because I'd gotten into this marathon mode running around - literally because I don't Fast Travel (but do use the carriage rides) - trying to clear the journal.

With this new character I am now, usually, careful to do a save before I talk to an NPC. Somehow I missed it when this particular quest was forced on me. What a time to get careless eh? To get stuck with a murder mission.

You know I was even given a quest when I picked up a book! To decline it I would have had to load a save from too far back so I decided to keep it - because it was a go-find-this-item-in-this-bandit-camp type job - and I've nothing against killing outlaws.

I've been reading a console command list and have tried the CompleteQuest one, with the proper ID, but nothing seems to happen. caqs, which is CompleteAllQuests did seem to be doing that but it also gave me a CTD.

Besides, even if I do get that CompleteQuest command to work I think it would give the same end result of actually doing it.

:(

Hello everyone,

If this question has been asked - and it probably has - I could not (easily) find a thread about it.

Can quests I don't want to do be deleted with some console command? I've a miscellaneous quest that involves murder and I don't want to do it with this character. And I don't want to murder the person offering the job to avoid committing the murder - cause that would be murder. (Bandits are fair game though).

I doubt it matters but the quest is called Aventus Aretino.

Thanks for reading this.

did u try the console~ "setstage questname 0"

or something similair just google on it.

i reset my relationshipmarriage quest with this "resetquest RelationshipMarriage"

Edited by lgvlgv