Patch 1.3

Skeletaz

I had periodic instant crashes with 1.1 although only after 2-8 hours of gameplay, fixed with 4gb. Had no backwards flying dragons or anything.

Update 1.2 caused the crashes to be more frequent although still playable (maybe 1-5ish hours), fixed again with 4gb. Got backwards flying dragons and static dragons in the distance.

Update 1.3 causes crashes after 5-10mins, 4gb doesn't help, disabling mods/background shizzle does nothing.

So basically where I had absolutely no problems the patches are making my game progressively more broken..... Also I still can't get the house in windhelm :P

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will skyrim nexus upload patch 1.3? I absolutely refuse to use steam and have all internet access to it blocked unless I have to use it. I hate having it auto patch my games

I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon. Gone are the times when one used to download a patch from bethsy sites, any patch you wanted.

Will skyrim nexus upload patch 1.3? I absolutely refuse to use steam and have all internet access to it blocked unless I have to use it. I hate having it auto patch my games

That would not be legal, and it wouldn't work in any case because all of the patches after 11/11 change TESV.exe so that it requires Steam to run.

Update 1.3 causes crashes after 5-10mins, 4gb doesn't help, disabling mods/background shizzle does nothing.

So basically where I had absolutely no problems the patches are making my game progressively more broken..... Also I still can't get the house in windhelm :P

Uh-oh. I really hope your situation is a rare one, and that I don't get this too. I'm firing up the game now, kinda nervous...

Uh-oh. I really hope your situation is a rare one, and that I don't get this too. I'm firing up the game now, kinda nervous...

Probably my comeupance for everything working normally in vanilla, that seemed to be the rare situation!

At least I managed to hit 200 hours just before the patch today so I can feel good and sad about that and maybe get some actual work done!

Man I wanna play skyrim

That would not be legal, and it wouldn't work in any case because all of the patches after 11/11 change TESV.exe so that it requires Steam to run.

/sigh

I suppose I have no choice but to suck it up and use steam. Pissed at Bethesda for making this game only for steam on the PC, and for releasing a game that doesn't work on the PS3. Not only did I waste money on the PS3 copy, I was forced into using steam

I went from 0 issues in 1.1 to controls and lag issues in 1.2, to my first CTD in 1.3. After rebooting, I'm now stuck with the game crashing every 5-10 minutes.

Come back and join me with V 1.1 getting lonely :biggrin:

So many issues i hear about, game works great atm. no crashes, bugs fixed by a few tweaks found, everything else seems good/playable.

Edited by Guss

I'm also having a few problems with 1.3 - I was getting the purple meshes (sometimes yellow, Vex in the Thieves guild had a black shadowed face once) with crashes to desktop. Since getting this new patch today, i haven't crashed to desktop yet but i've had the purple meshes popping in much faster than they usually do and performance goes right down the shitter ..... slows and stutters. And here i was hoping this patch would fix more than make thing's worse. Maybe wishful thinking but maybe in the next one ....... :(