Continuation of abandoned mods

pra

And here we go again.... :wallbash:

Exactly my thoughts.

As are mine. Which is why I'm not going to respond to someone who is so blatantly wrong.

that´s a shame, i was about to bring out my finger warmers in preparation for debate here.

I work as a publisher in the music industry by the way. Copyright and Intellectual property are some of my forte´s

The rules here go further than copyright, if you don't have permission from the original creator you can't upload it here period, claiming "meh fair use" won't stop the file ending up in the bin.

it is your rules and you have the right to choose whatever content you like to host of course, but i can´t help too think that the word "copyright" is being tossed around a bit willy-nilly around here.

and i don´t think you should moderate your site under some kind of false pretense. especially not since claiming "fair use" has been the lifeline of this site since the cradle, it feels rather hypocritical.

I'll just leave this here regarding intellectual property, since I apparently can't help myself.

Good Reneer, you found the basics. but did you read it or did you just skim it?

in any case let me help you bold some things out.

To be covered by copyright, a work must be original and in a “concrete medium of expression.

if you don´t want anyone to tamper with your intellectual property, then you need to get a patent for it. and no sane patent examiner is going to grant you one for intellectual property unless it is exceptionally unique or revolutionary.

I think some author have either asked or approved of other people taking over and continuing the mod after they were either unable to or were disinterested in continuing to support the mod. Some authors have stepped away for health reasons. Some perhaps for an extended probing by aliens and super mutants.

The author of one particular Skyrim mod went missing right after the work between his voice actress and the author of another mod recorded all the dialogue to make the world's first interactive mods. What a time to take a powder, since they could not proceed with finishing putting everything together without his okay. Thar would all be understandable if a prolonged probing had been involved. Can't rush those things. Might have even needed to have the procedure done on the Home Planet.

Apparently, the Nexus even has a caretaker service that will keep the mod going in cases where the mod authors request them to do so. One of the brilliant artists over at Skyrim has made use of this due to a terminal medical condition. My guess is that the Caretaker has short white hair and beard. He is well dressed and uses the digital medium a lot.

Edited by Moksha8088

I think you can still make a patch that does not contain any non your files but relies on the content from the mod. Though on my personal view it's a headache to work with a mod that uses another mod as a master file.Saving in the CK can break all links and script properties.