Narmix's WIP Model Resource

Narmix

Hey Narmix, the skull on that axe is looking very rad. Can't wait to see what that would look like textured up and in game. Anyway, since you're taking requests, some of my absolute FAVORITE weapons in any game are the ones from the Onimusha series. Only problem is they are VERY hard to find reference photos of. But if you're familiar with them, you kinda get the idea. I'm not saying you make exact replicas of them, but I like the whole biological look some of them have. If I find any photos you can reference, I'll link them in here.

Edit: 1

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vVGv-8Sb1Nk/TRwM4I_H_iI/AAAAAAAABEM/TQds9b3aYPE/s1600/1293591376_2.jpg

These are a few examples from the 3rd game.

Thanks for the comment. Regarding the onimusha weapons, like I said, I was looking for suggestions for things that would belong in Skyrim (like if there was a style of weapon missing from a category, such as "oh Bethesda didn't make an Elven staff" or something like that). The falmer, though, have very organic looking weapons, so it may not be far off to make some new falmer weapons. Thanks for the suggestion.

That makes sense. I suppose I could make the argument that they could be Daedric artifacts. But I wont push the issue. How about a two handed forsworn weapon?

Both are good ideas :) I'm not a great modeler; everything I make is just practice but it's nice to get something usable here and there.

Both are good ideas :) I'm not a great modeler; everything I make is just practice but it's nice to get something usable here and there.

You sir are too humble. Although I myself am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to modeling, your meshes aren't too bad for someone who is 'not a great modeler'. In fact with about a month of practice I bet you would be better than me and my meshes and I don't sculpt - I grow the model with extrude and bend the polygons using Maya 2010. You have a talent for sculpting and I tip my hat to you for it.

MoltenBattleaxe2.jpg

You sir are too humble. Although I myself am a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to modeling, your meshes aren't too bad for someone who is 'not a great modeler'. In fact with about a month of practice I bet you would be better than me and my meshes and I don't sculpt - I grow the model with extrude and bend the polygons using Maya 2010. You have a talent for sculpting and I tip my hat to you for it.

MoltenBattleaxe2.jpg

Aw, thanks :)

Your axe has a pretty cool silhouette. With a bit more sharpening of the edges, I think that'll look really cool.