[WIP] Rigmor of Cyrodiil

Rigmor

I have a question; is Rigmor of Cyrodiil and Beyond Skyrim the same mod with you adding your quests to Beyond Skyrim or are they both completely separate mods? And if so why do your teams come together?

We are separate mods, but we help each other out. Beyond have been really cool giving me access to the Ayleid Ruins sets and the Castle construction kit and I let them have my Imperial City architecture to do whatever they want with (the imperial city lods you see in BS:B are by 1shoedpunk, made using my architecture/textures ;) We can't come together as the two visions we have for our mods are completely incompatible. The mods differ in bigger ways as well. Beyond Skyrim: Cyrodiil is the "full monty" like a completely new game with all the extras. Rigmor of Cyrodiil is built around a story, the world space is a means to an end, not an end in itself if you catch my drift. It is, and was never meant to be a complete world project such as the Beyond team envision. It exists to tell Rigmor's story and isn't a complete Cyrodiil, I get asked this question all the time, the truth is this is my mod, my past time, my hobby and I know how selfish this sounds but I can't just make Rigmor's story in Beyonds Cyrodiil I would have to rip the heart out of their mod, and I refuse to do that. Luckily I am a bit of a jack of all trades, team of one.

The Beyond teams terrain designer/s are doing a fantastic job, once their completed province is out, all this will be forgotten about, Rigmor is a niche type of mod, and differs with game style people are used to, it's story driven interactive novel kind of thing really. Something you can install, play and discard (unless you're a hard core Rigs fan) but the mod will be compatible with Beyonds Provinces but set in 4E 205

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, based off that little snippet, the spelling, grammar, dialogue options and general voice acting is much improved over the first part.

Is this also gonna be SSE only, like the Beyond Skyrim projects? :/

Edited by Kazuya482

Wow, based off that little snippet, the spelling, grammar, dialogue options and general voice acting is much improved over the first part.

Is this also gonna be SSE only, like the Beyond Skyrim projects? :/

It will be a simultaneous release for "Classic" and SE. I will at some point update the original Rigmor of Bruma and completely overhaul the dialogue system. With this new sequel there should be enough options to suit most styles of gameplay. Hehe "Don't call me slow-poke" hahaha, I kind of see the DB more as a cold killing veteran like "The Hound" so you'll have that kind of relationship as an option, Arya + The Hound type thing. Or as a love interest, etc etc something like I said I want to revamp RoB, but very busy right now with the sequel.

Haha, can definitely agree on the Arya+Hound thing. Among the very, VERY few flaws i could find in the original was the variety of dialogue choice, and that video was extremely impressive in that regard, significant improvements across the board. This goes for the voice actress too, I'm pretty harsh when it comes to voice acting in mods but she sounded excellent.

Keep up the incredible work man, and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered already, but is Rigmor of Bruma for SSE still supported?

I played through once, and had a blast. A very well thought out mod.

But my new game is having issues...in that SSE ctd's in first Yngol & Casius quest whenever I try to enter a building. At the Orc stronghold it was no biggie, as I just waited an hour, and Yngol dialogue proceeded normally.

But with Casius inside tavern building at Fort Dunstad, a ctd bug at this point is a quest-breaker.

Force-completing this quest doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe I should try movetoqt

Have Rigmor last in load order.

Sorry if this question has been asked/answered already, but is Rigmor of Bruma for SSE still supported?

I played through once, and had a blast. A very well thought out mod.

But my new game is having issues...in that SSE ctd's in first Yngol & Casius quest whenever I try to enter a building. At the Orc stronghold it was no biggie, as I just waited an hour, and Yngol dialogue proceeded normally.

But with Casius inside tavern building at Fort Dunstad, a ctd bug at this point is a quest-breaker.

Force-completing this quest doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe I should try movetoqt

Have Rigmor last in load order.

This thread isn't really meant as a support topic of RoB. But I'll PM you after work.