Dragon Sword

PrometheusTS

Ok I have decided to make a Dragon Sword that can be crafted out of the ultimate dragon spoils , if possible by alduin or otherway by dragon bones and scales....

Final concepts edit:

http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/1964/dragonswordconceptsketc.jpg

Hereis a first concept that I alreay started crafting in 3dsmax ... I willpost here new updates ...

I think I will call the Sword that will have to be uniquely craftable since will require one single element unique and not respanwable out of the Alduin battle .....

DovahMaar , Dragonterror ...

Dovahmaar

second update

http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/5712/dragonswordzbrush.jpg

In the center of the blade I Will carve some dragon words and I am open to sugestions in the dragon language ...

Iwas thinking Tol dovah Kriid zul do maar - that dragons slayer weapon of terror

I have seen that there are already tuts on how to put new swords in game but I wanted some help to put some special craftable items into alduins spoils that coul dlater be used to craft that sword , to the ones that alreadycompleted the quest the spils will be autaiclly given , this is to be done exclusively with the CK I guess... the forging of the sword will require many special works and may be even a quest to recover some parts needed for the forging and a ritual ... that woudl be more cool to me than just add some elements and "puff" you have the sword no?

So the idea may be to require , daedric hearts , blood of Alduin , 1 bone of each of the dragon types, sharp claws of each of the dragon types, forging must be done under the two moons full , ebony material for the blade , jewels according to the unique power that wants to be gived , flawless ruby for fire , flawless zephir for frost etc... open to sugestions .... also will need some dragonskin strips , diamonds to sharpen the blade and four unique items to find at the four corners fo skyrim ....

I am not a fun of overpowered weapons and characters so I woul drate this sword not more powerfull than a daedric sword , but will have a carved hilt in dragonbone ivory m finely carvings , jewels in the eyes of the dragon , ebony blade sharpened by dragonclaws and diamonds powder with dragonblood of Alduin ....

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I completed the sword blade shape and quadrified for Zbrush where I will add eventually some scratch and carve in the Dragon letters ...

as for the hild it is very much provisorial and I am stillopen to sugestions

http://img507.imageshack.us/img507/6685/dragonsword2.jpg

Basically I would suggest a smoothed over handle for grip purposes. Maybe a dragon eye? Under the handle (not an actual eye, a sculptered version?)

I can see you've modelled the handle into a dragon, it does look good, but you have to think about how it would sit in a players hand properly.

Unfortunately im at work so I cannot send you an idea.

Perhaps a laced necklace with dragon teeth would suit too. Shows ypur a dragon hunter i suppose. Not sure lol.

the ending point I tought to be a dragon fang or the like , the hilt a carved in bone ivory from the dragon , so can be any shape basically , the idea was to give a sort of anatomical shae to the hilt and then wrap it in leather strips , to make a more uniform lenght , the mouth jaws should open like to vomit the blade out and the tongue represented by that central spine with dragon words carved in , with the above writing posted ....the eye of the dragon shoudl be a sewell , the spikes shoudl be rounded and softened as not looking like a weird thing , if you have any picture or references to a dragon or painting or the like in that similar shape woudl be helpfull or may be what you are meaning by some kind of pictures around the web?

Or a possible carving in place of the dragon strips?

http://www.kitrae.net/Scrapbook/New%20Connor%20Hilt.jpg

Edited by PROMETHEUS_ts

Yeah I would have found references in pictures throughout the web. I was goin to suggest 'teeth' at the bottom too lol. Yes your ideas are good. As long as the handle looks like it can be held with a strong grip and the blade broad so it could slice through bone it'll be great.

:)