Dragon Sword

PrometheusTS

The model is looking good. For those not familiar with modeling, you want the model to look good before you start adding textures. A paint job can't fix a poor model. I do like the idea someone suggested of mapping the Alduin's wall texture onto the grip. Any smith with enough skill to make this blade would also have the skill to decorate it properly, and since the blade represents the fulfillment of the wall's prophecy, it's an appropriate decoration.

Is the arched area 1/3 up its length intended to be a foregrip, for 2-hand use, or part of the blade? It looks like the latter, but the former would make more sense. I only have a little training in greatsword forms, but I know enough to tell you the "sweet spot" (the part of the blade you want to hit your target) is about 1/3 down from the point, not 1/3 up from the pommel. I'd suggest toning down the claw on the pommel, i.e. shorter and thicker. Otherwise the user might injure himself.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks really good. While I'm sure in any serious fight that scrollwork would get scratched and nicked (if it was a real blade) it still looks cool. Could be argued they are just blood lines, like in some swords I've seen, they were there so the blood on the blade would follow the line instead of going all over the place.

Looking excellent, but there is one HUGE problem here. Those markings on the blade are actual polygons. [ConstructiveCriticism] Even though the I'm loving the blade, I must say you should consider pouring more detail into the hilt instead of the blade. As it is, the hilt is the most up-close part of the weapon that the player will see and thus will need to more detailed than that of the blade in the way of polygons. This does not mean that you can't have the blade markings. I suggest that to innovate the poly count and thus keeping the player's lag at a minimum would be to instead make a bump map for the blade details so that it appears to be engrave, but the computer won't have a hard time putting up the extra vertices.[/ConstructiveCriticism] Food for thought.

HEhe I tought of another writing that could actually go on the other side of the blade , or replace the ohter one : what about :

dovah_kriid----zun_do_maar---dein_faal_---vokul---ahst_vaal

Dovah_Kreh---wah_faal---thuh'um_suleyk---do---thur_dovah

Dragon slayer weapon of terror keep the evil at bay

Dragons bend to the thuhum power of Dragon overlord

read together the words with _ and pause at --- shoudl feel more soundy no?

total sentence could be ....

you are free to suggest more sentences ....

it should make sense to a quest to retrievew that weapon artifact ....

in brief the hilt is lost and needs to be found , then the other parts of the blade need to be crafter , especially the blade , the carving will appear once composed with the hilt , the blade will be made of severall rare items , eventually to be found around skyrim plus the blood of either Alduin or Paarturnax or Odaving ....

the idea is that the sowrd will be able to control lesser dragons , or to bend their will , make them flee or the like , but on the other end it also can corrupt the holder if it absorbs souls as it gives a illness to the user of dragon blood curse , pushing to arise the dragonblood natural tendency to dominate .... ofc still to be developed .... the weapon itself is very powerfull , but not overdone , shoudl be comparable toa daedric weapon , very hard with rare components to overcraft....

Love the look of this blade, i dont normally go for single sided swords but think i will for this one,

And if you're going for the best sword smith perhaps the quest could be, collecting the parts you need and giving it to eurolan (spl) grey-mane to craft?

Thanks , I have blocked out some kind of a quest around 9 pieces to collect to make this word ....

the blade is anyway double sided , I did it seem single sided to represent a mixture of akaviri and tamrielic design , to not say oriental and western design ... also the falx part seen is also blade not a gripping part ... I was considering to implement some other knotworks thereand increment its C shape better.... I am thinking to lower the hilt and make it more even without the up and down make more massive and fully carved...

the piece split idea is :

1 frontal blade tip

2 main blade tip

3 Dragon head hilt

4 carved grip

5 Dragon eye

6 Bottom claw

7 Jewel for the claw crown

8 writing carving scroll

9 falx blade piece

then ingredients needed will include : ElderDragon Blood ( either Alduin , Paarthurnax or Odaviing ) ebony , dragonbone ( of one of them ) the scrolls with the carving words , the jewelry type to specify the effect ( either flawless rubyns , emeralds or zephyrs etc) , Oricalc , eternal snow from Hrotangar , powder of snow ivory from the giants , flawless diamonds to shape the razor blade ......

I am thinkng to develope this into a full scale quest continuation from the main one and featuring some new animals and armors and locations , but for now let's stick to the elements.

Reworked the shape of the handle , I think that may be with this slight curve and more continuity with the neck / head shoudl look more fluent and natural ... what do you think? Shoudl I instead go for a proper guard hilt?

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1373/newshapesword.jpg