Which type of Bow would the Nexus like to see?

Darksun45230

I've read the requests of many fellow Archers spanning the Nexus forums of their desire for head-shots. Perhaps that may be enough to satisfy us, but in case it isn't I'd like to hear what you think on the subject. I have two examples of well-executed bow mechanics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qBcVrwWvVI

* Slower reload.

* Charge meter.

* The longer the bow is charged, the further the shot goes.

* Holding the charge for too long will mess up the arrow trajectory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPy2uv_kHGg

* Slower reload.

* Charge meter.

* The Bow has a "sweet spot" in which arrows deal more damage when charge peaks.

* No penalty for holding it too long.

I for one would like to see the later example, though we won't know what we'll be able to do until the Creation Kit comes out.

I really like the classic look of the legendary English longbow. Could someone make a single longbow in the game that levels up with you like the skyforge steel weapons? Maybe make a "skyforge longbow." Also a detailed retexture of the longbow would be awesome.

A wider variety in bow ranges and strengths/weaknesses wouldn't go amis, i.e., some bows like the dwarven and orcish bows should be shorter bows with less range. From the second video above, I like the sense of power you get when the bow is being drawn back, and think that higher level bows should be slower to pull back to balance their higher damage. Daedric for example should be twice as slow as normal to fully notch the arrow. At the moment the longbow is the weakest, I'd almost flip this around and have this be one of the largest and strongest. With a high level 'Longbowman' perk allowing it to be drawn quicker.

i would like to see a dwemer compound bow. you would think with their tech they would have a more advanced bow capable of extremely fast trajectory speeds, thus farther shooting and more powerful shots at closer distances.

That sounds a lot like a crossbow.

A Dwemer crossbow would be absolutely awesome.

i would like to see a dwemer compound bow. you would think with their tech they would have a more advanced bow capable of extremely fast trajectory speeds, thus farther shooting and more powerful shots at closer distances.

It's not a crossbow.

A compound bow with would be great, especially in a dwemer style and animated gears

It's not a crossbow.

A compound bow with would be great, especially in a dwemer style and animated gears

What defines a crossbow compared to a bow? Among other things crossbows have a better range and are more powerful which is what the poster I quoted mentioned.

I like the idea of a Dwemer composite bow but saying "it's not a crossbow" doesn't mean much at this point. It's just a mod idea.

It's not a crossbow.

What defines a crossbow compared to a bow? Among other things crossbows have a better range and are more powerful which is what the poster I quoted mentioned.

I like the idea of a Dwemer composite bow but saying "it's not a crossbow" doesn't mean much at this point. It's just a mod idea.

Crossbows do not have better range.